Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Changing Model Number From Swann SWNHD-825CAM

jigger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new here. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I can't seem to find it. Been searching the net for days.

I recently purchased a batch of Swann SWNHD-825CAM (Re-branded Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I) from Costco. They work great and I was even able to update the firmware from the Swann to the OEM Hikvision (DS-2CD2x12,2x32 IP camera firmware v5.3.0_150513) firmware from the US Hikvision site.

Everything works for the most part but I'm using a QNap Surveillance Station for the NVR and it doesn't talk to the cam properly. It sees the camera and that is it Hikvision but the model number is incorrect still.

Even after flashing the device with the OEM firmware the model number is still SWNHD-825CAM. how can I update this to DS-2CD2032-I so my QNap will recognize it? Can this be done in the same fashion as changing the language flag?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I recall, when Surveillance Station complains when adding a camera about a 'model number mismatch', as you would expect in this case, it's not a fatal error and can be ignored.
When you flash the firmware, the 'hardware descriptor block' in the camera, that holds all the camera-specific information including the model number, is not changed. The firmware does, after all, work on a fair range of cameras.