Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I from AliExpress

Ruskey

n3wb
Reaction score
*******Can a moderator please delete this thread as I posted it twice by mistake? Thanks*******

Hello,
I bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I CCTV camera from the Chinese website Aliexpress.

The camera appears to be faulty and I can't get a refund. When I plug the camera into my laptop via Ethernet and change my laptops IP address to suit the camera and plug in a 12v power supply then the camera works and the quality is great. The default IP address of the camera is 192.0.0.64

When I change the IP address of the camera to something like 192.168.1.50 to suit my network and plug the camera into a POE source the camera powers on for a few seconds, dies, powers on again, dies again etc.

The camera is a POE IP CCTV camera. I planned to have the recordings stored on to a NAS with an IP address of 192.168.1.250 if it worked.

I have tried a PoE Switch, PoE injector, an 8 port PoE injector and a normal 12v power supply with just an ordinary Ethernet cable going back to a Netgear switch (and also the 12v supply with an Ethernet cable going back to the PoE switch just to test it)

None of the above works and I have concluded that the camera is simply faulty.

Can anyone help me with what the problem may be? If I open the camera is there something I can replace to get this going?

I realise that this camera could well be a fake/copy but just wondering if anyone has had a problem similar to this and is there anything else I can try to get it working, or is it not faulty and maybe you can spot something I've just missed.

CCTV IP Camera http://www.hikvision.com/es/products_show.asp?id=7326

PoE Switch http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CGY449G/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

8 Port PoE injector http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-PORT-PASSIVE-POE-POWER-INJECTOR-For-WiFi-APs-IP-cameras-VOIP-phones-48V-/231087684607?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have IPv6 enabled on your router? If so, maybe disable it temporarily to see if that changes the problem with the camera.
How did you change the camera IP address? Presumably web GUI via the laptop.
If you can still access the web GUI, maybe try a reset to factory defaults and re-apply the desired IP address and gateway.
The Hikvision SADP tool is pretty good and will allow you to apply network settings without having to change the laptop network configuration.

I realise that this camera could well be a fake/copy
To my knowledge I don't think anyone on this forum has confirmed a fake/copy Hikvision camera.
What's more likely is that the seller has installed some modified firmware to change some characteristic of the camera such as the language it manifests as, to reduce problems connecting to NVRs or software that has regional restrictions, and the modified firmware has some flaws.
What firmware version shows via the web GUI or SADP and what version is printed on the camera label? Very likely they are not the same.

Ruskey

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera's firmware is the same as the sticker on the side v5.1.6

I Tried upgrading the firmware to see if it would make any difference. The result is still the same. It will run all day when connected directly to my laptop with it's original IP address but when using one of my LAN addresses it just loses power.

Going to buy another camera UK or Ireland based in the next few weeks as I was planning on having 2 cameras at my house anyway.

Looks like it's a hardware problem with this camera.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement board for a Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I? If it wasn't too expensive I'd try replacing one.

Thank you