Hikvision DS-2CD2032: No web access any more!

Mariuus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
my hivision camera was in operation by an static ip-adress (the web access functioned)
After a network change there is a new ip v4 subnet.
So i tried to change the cam-ip-adress for the new subnet. At first i connected the camera diretly to a laptop (different ip but same subnet). -> I had no web access.
The network access to the cam was only possible, if i used the hikvision tool "SADP". By this tool i changed the cam-ip-settings to "DHCP" and activated "DHCP also at the router. In the router network overview, i see the hikvision cam with a new assigned ip-adress. But if i enter the new ip-adress into the browser, i dont get access anymore. WHY?
Does anyone have an idea?
THX
Marius

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The network access to the cam was only possible, if i used the hikvision tool "SADP".
This could be because the laptop and the camera have IP addresses on different segments.
i see the hikvision cam with a new assigned ip-adress. But if i enter the new ip-adress into the browser, i dont get access anymore. WHY?
Some specific details may help provide useful feedback.
What is the IP address of the camera as seen by SADP?
Does the firmware version as seen by SADP look correct?
What is the IP address of the laptop?

Mariuus

n3wb
Reaction score
IP-Adress Router: 192.168.2.1
IP-Adress Laptop: 192.168.2.151
IP-Adress Hikvision Cam: 192.168.2.154

Ping from Laptop to Router -> ok
Ping from Laptop to IP-Cam -> IP-Cam NOT reachable

At the router overview page i see the ip-cam (ip adress 192.1682.154), and at SADP-Tool i see the ip-cam too, but WHY the cam is not reachable from any pc/laptop on my lan??? ping timeout and the web access also does not work. :-(
I am confused.

PS: Software Version IP-Cam -> V5.2.5 built 141201

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
WHY the cam is not reachable from any pc/laptop on my lan??? ping timeout and the web access also does not work. :-(
Is the laptop connected with WiFi?
If so, try a cable connection instead to the router.
Did you have any IP address filters enabled on the camera before the changes to your network?