Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I 4mm

jkajfes

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi wonder if I can get a quick answer here please...

I was just about to play with a newly arrived DS-2CD2132-I camera. I started to autorun the tiny CD they included and a menu came up with for choices:
2-Line IPC
4-Line Smart IPC
6-Line IPC
Intelligent IPC

...not sure what the four choices mean or refer to in relationship to the camera I got so before I make a choice could someone give me an idea please. Fenderman you've got a lotta experience with the Hiks any comment please?

Nice camera!... metal base and has a tiny bit of weight to it...

also I don't have the POE switch yet... I was hoping to have it before the camera arrived but I just couldn't get around to making a selection... so my next question is I know this is a POE camera so it can be powered by a network cable but this is the first Hikvision I've ever owned so I don't want to blow it up and by the looks of it, it certainly won't be the last. I really like it!

So If I have a 12 volt DC power supply rated at 4amps can I plug it into the power connector I see (double checking polarity of course) and using an ordinary network cable connect it to my network just to check it out?

I'm so excited I could wet myself!.... ya I know too much detail!

regards
jk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, the 2132 is the 2line ipc...its just how hikvision classifies the camera....regardless dont use the cd...i never have (quite frankly dont trust the sellers) just download SADP from hikvisions website and get going...the 12v 4a adapter will work...if you have old linksys gear some of that used 12v 1a adapters that work as well..

jkajfes

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
cool... I do have old Linksys gear! thanks for the tip will play later tonight...