Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Reset IP and Password

dmarsh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

We recently purchased a home and the previous owners graciously left their two Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I outdoor IP cameras for us, however didn't give much detailed information on how to work them. He sent me a link to the POE injector that he used to power them (Wifi-Texas WS-POE-8-48V60W) that I purchased this week. He said that there are CAT 6 run to each camera and that he used that injector, and that's about all he said. I'm trying to power them, and the software is recognizing that there is a camera powered and the red light on the camera is on. We called Hikvision and they remote accessed into my laptop to try to change the IP address and password, but every time the guy hits the reset button the camera disappears. He said they've seen this before and the only solution is to buy an $800 Hikvision POE injector.

So we called Wifi-Texas, and they are suggesting we contact the previous owner to see what they changed the IP address and password to so we can use them. It's been 9 months since we purchased the house, and I'm pretty sure our realtor would think we were crazy for trying to contact the previous owners at this point.

Any advice for changing the IP address and password back to the factory settings?

Thanks in advance for your help!