Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IWS vs. Synology DS216j

Midden

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Need some help.
I am about to purchase an Synology DS216j NAS but can't se the Hikvision model DS-2CD2135F-IWS in their compability list.

Is it because it's new or something? Or do I have to forget about the Synology product?
Plan is to setting up 1-2 cameras for surveillance, and use Synologys Surveillance Station.
Dont wanna go NVR because plan to use the NAS also as an backup for photos and movies.

Best regards

Kent

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have a China-market camera. I don't think Synology supports any of them. It may still work if you use the Hik generic driver or ONVIF.

Midden

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, So Synology products are different for China market? Or don't they have any market there at all?

I take the risk buying the DS216j and trying generic driver.
If that doesn't work, what camera is your suggestion instead of the one I have?
Same spec as the one I have.

Thx for answers

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, Hikvision products are different for the Chinese markets. The x35 cameras are China-only. The non-China equivalent to your camera is 2CD2132F. You can also get a 2CD2142F, which is 4MP and slightly better (and potentially easier to find). For the x32 or x42, you still need to make sure with the reseller that it is a proper "rest-of-the-world" (sometimes called "international") version as these also have Chinese versions.

Midden

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thx for all this information!:) I'm very very greatful....
Little bit sad I didn't had guts to ask in this forum before I purchased the camera.

I try mine first, then go for your suggestion if mine not works.

Thanx again.