Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I power adapter

MIPS64

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where to get a power adapter that will fit these units? I didn't realize it wouldn't come with one. Radio Shack didn't have one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have an old adapter from a linksys 12v 1amp router it will work...
If you are going to install more than one of these, get a poe switch http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422371058&sr=1-1&keywords=poe+switch
Otherwise you can use a poe injector http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Gigabit-Injector-compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422371095&sr=1-1&keywords=poe+injector
There are some standalone 12v adapters out there as well

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MIPS64

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. We actually have electrical installed where the cameras are because we don't have PoE switches. I'll keep searching for adapters. Oh, and are these going to be difficult to setup? I noticed the manual and software is all Chinese ha ha.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. We actually have electrical installed where the cameras are because we don't have PoE switches. I'll keep searching for adapters. Oh, and are these going to be difficult to setup? I noticed the manual and software is all Chinese ha ha.
If your camera firmware is chinese there is info on the site on how to change it back...or use google translate..you can also contact member @CBX for his permanent fix...you can use the poe injector with your outlet...
If you are installing a bunch of cams it will be cheaper to buy the switch rather than the adapters...also note that if you are going to use an independent adapter at each camera then you will need to buy a quality surge protector at each outlet vs. one at the switch...

Last edited by a moderator: