Hikvision DS-2cd2332-i - Two devices gone haywire at the same time

Dave Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I've had two of the Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I devices for 14 months and they've worked perfectly. However, a couple of days ago I noticed there was no activity on my NAS box from either camera. I've tried to connect to them via the web browser and SADP with mixed results. The cameras both work for a short time (an hour or so) but will then disappear and seem to be going off and online in a loop. For the majority of the time I am unable to connect to them at all. The infra-red lights come on when they are connected to the POE switch and these appear when the camera is "on". If I ping the IP for each camera I get three possible responses: 1. Request timed out, 2. Destination Host Unreachable or 3. "Reply from"...

I have not attempted to update the firmware on either devices - this behaviour just began without any changes being made.

The devices are not wet or anything like that - the weather in the days leading up to this issue has been fine and the cameras have been perfect for 14 months in all weathers.

I have tried to connect one of the cameras to a POE switch, change my laptop IP to 192.0.0.28 (connected to the same switch), run tftpserv.exe and reboot the camera but absolutely nothing happens - the "system update" does not happen. Again, I have only done this in response to the issue - I have not been "playing" with these devices at all.

Any ideas? Seems ridiculous that there is no factory reset button on this model either. As it stands I've got 2 completely useless devices and they've failed for no apparent reason.

I have swapped the POE switch for another new one and get the same issue. Also, internal (AXIS) cameras are working absolutely perfectly.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion to try, for assessment:
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
(this is what the tftp updater would need, by the way)
At a command prompt, use
ping -t 192.0.0.64
This would be normal:
Power cycle the camera, and see if you get 2 or 3 responses a couple of seconds after power on, then nothing, and no repeats.
Start SADP and see what it show, if anything, looking specifically at the firmware version.

Dave Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you - I'll give that a go this evening and post back. Thanks again.