Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I image skipping

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a new issue that has just started happening, today i replaced my HP 8 port POE switch with a Netgear 16 port POE switch all went ok as you would expect but viewing this cam via a web browser IE plugin on Chome io noticed the video would pass for a second or 2 then play ok then pass for a second or 2 and so on,

The cam plays fine directly through the NVR but with the web browser it sort of skips, none of my other cams do this and they are a mixture od Dahua and earlier Hikvisions

Any suggestions at all?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions at all?
What's it like with the webcomponents plugin in IE11?
Like it or loath it, webcomponents is pretty CPU-efficient for rendering video, much lighter than websocket in Chrome or Firefox

Have you tried rebooting the camera?

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Like it or loath it, webcomponents is pretty CPU-efficient for rendering video, much lighter than websocket in Chrome or Firefox

Hi Alastair, I jump into chrome and it said the web components had an up date I I stupidly updated and the bot was the outcome. I when I tried through IE11 now video would show , I have rebooted All the cams. Hi not luck, I was thinking gif resetting the 2355 and starting from scratch

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score

I retried IR 11 this morning it was bloody using Edge, anyway IE 11 does the same thing for some reason,

But I think I have found the issue, I reset the camera and set the setting to the usual on the 2355, 3072x1728 Variable bitrate and Video quality on highest, checking the video it was stuttering again, but as soon as I turned the video quality to medium it stopped

I have noticed the following

With bit rate set to variable and quality set to Highest, it will stutter via a via IE11
With bit rate set to constant and quality set to highest, it will stutter via a via IE11
but
with bitrate set to variable and quality set to medium it will not stutter via IE 11
and to throw a spanner int h works
With bit rate set to constant and quality set to medium, it will stutter via IE 11

Viewing directly from the NVR to a monitor there is no issue at any setting

Edit post, trying the above tests on another PC doe not exhibit the issues, all is fine no matter the setting

Why would it do this now since changing switches?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Edit post, trying the above tests on another PC doe not exhibit the issues, all is fine no matter the setting
Interesting - so is it the PC, or the way the PC is hooked up?
Presumably not via WiFi as that always introduces performance variables.
And what are the specs of the switch ports and any relevant uplink - 10/100Mbps or 1Gbps?

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting - so is it the PC, or the way the PC is hooked up?
Presumably not via WiFi as that always introduces performance variables.
And what are the specs of the switch ports and any relevant uplink - 10/100Mbps or 1Gbps?
Hi yeah PC's are hooked up via 1Gbps Ethernet connection, i will make a correction I have noticed the issue on another PC ad well while trying to eliminate various items including going from my PC directly to the router bypassing a switch in my study which did nothing