Hikvision DS-2CD2365G1-I & 7616NI-I2/16P NVR Issue

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
has anyone had issues adding 6mp DS-2CD2365G1-I darkfighter cameras to I model nvr? I can connect camera to LAN and access via it's IP and login details, Also if i change an nvr channel to manual, enter the IP and username and password I can view the camera.

However, as soon as I connect the camera directly to the NVR on it's POE ports, the channel status comes up as (username/password invalid) or network abnormal message no matter what i try (error message depends on it if i use plug and play or manual add.

Can anyone help?

I've got 4 other 4mp cams working fine on the NVR directly attached,
NVR and cam are all on latest firmware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However, as soon as I connect the camera directly to the NVR on it's POE ports, the channel status comes up as (username/password invalid) or network abnormal message no matter what i try (error message depends on it if i use plug and play or manual add.
For Plug&Play to work, the camera needs to be in an 'Inactive' state when you connect it to the NVR.
You can set it to this state when the camera is on the LAN using the Maintenance menu of the camera web GUI to reset to defaults.
Or use the reset button under the SD card cover.

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
For Plug&Play to work, the camera needs to be in an 'Inactive' state when you connect it to the NVR.
You can set it to this state when the camera is on the LAN using the Maintenance menu of the camera web GUI to reset to defaults.
Or use the reset button under the SD card cover.
Yes, tried that. Each time i factory reset. If i factory reset, connect to NVR whilst channel on plug and play, i click Activate on the channel, enter admin password and then it goes to network abnormal.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i click Activate on the channel, enter admin password and then it goes to network abnormal.
Unless that -I2 NVR works differently from other models I've used, the activation and password application process is automatic when just connecting up an inactive camera to a Plug&Play NVR PoE port.
Odd.

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
Unless that -I2 NVR works differently from other models I've used, the activation and password application process is automatic when just connecting up an inactive camera to a Plug&Play NVR PoE port.
Odd.
Yes, with all the other cameras I just connected them up and it found them by default and activates with the normal password

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve had similar issues recently with new cameras failing to activate with plug and play. I have the 7608K2 NVR but am running version 4 firmware as found on the I series. For me it has affected a couple of Ultra series bullets (2CD5A46G0 model) Regardless of what I did they wouldn’t play ball. In the camera list on the GUI they would just continuously cycle status from offline to detecting then back to offline. In the end I manually activated and assigned them an IP. Definitely something not working correctly with plug and play. NVR was on version 4.21.005 and H3 platform cameras were on 5.6.0

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve had similar issues recently with new cameras failing to activate with plug and play. I have the 7608K2 NVR but am running version 4 firmware as found on the I series. For me it has affected a couple of Ultra series bullets (2CD5A46G0 model) Regardless of what I did they wouldn’t play ball. In the camera list on the GUI they would just continuously cycle status from offline to detecting then back to offline. In the end I manually activated and assigned them an IP. Definitely something not working correctly with plug and play. NVR was on version 4.21.005 and H3 platform cameras were on 5.6.0
are you connecting them to a poe switch separately then connecting the channel to the IP address instead of direct connection to the NVR? if so I can get that to work but rather have directly attached to NVR if can get it working but seems you had the same problem as me

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you connecting them to a poe switch separately then connecting the channel to the IP address instead of direct connection to the NVR? if so I can get that to work but rather have directly attached to NVR if can get it working but seems you had the same problem as me
No mine are directly connected to the NVR as they always were. To get around the issue I’ve simply logged onto the cameras interface directly, activated them and given them an address in the POE interfaces subnet - 192.168.254.xxx. Then switched the channel to manual in the NVR interface and keyed in the IP and password. Nothing else would work. This was never a problem when I was running 3.4.105 K series firmware - I may downgrade it

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
No mine are directly connected to the NVR as they always were. To get around the issue I’ve simply logged onto the cameras interface directly, activated them and given them an address in the POE interfaces subnet - 192.168.254.xxx. Then switched the channel to manual in the NVR interface and keyed in the IP and password. Nothing else would work. This was never a problem when I was running 3.4.105 K series firmware - I may downgrade it
I'm sure I tried that too and still didn't work. I'll give it another go. what gateway address did you use when giving static IP on the 192.168.254 range and is the subnet 255.255.255.0

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure I tried that too and still didn't work. I'll give it another go. what gateway address did you use when giving static IP on the 192.168.254 range and is the subnet 255.255.255.0
As it’s connected directly to the POE port of the NVR simply change the IP address and nothing else - you’ll still be able to reach it at using the virtual host when enabled if you’re on the same LAN as the NVR. Disconnect the camera from the NVR, activate and change IP address. Important - before plugging it back in, go to the camera menu of the NVR, change it to manual from plug and play, and enter the IP address and admin password you’ve allocated. Otherwise the NVR will try and connect it using plug and play and you’ll get a network unreachable or incorrect password error. For the IP I add 100 to the camera number so Cam 6 would be 192.168.254.106. Easy to remember and no chance of a conflict.

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
As it’s connected directly to the POE port of the NVR simply change the IP address and nothing else - you’ll still be able to reach it at using the virtual host when enabled if you’re on the same LAN as the NVR. Disconnect the camera from the NVR, activate and change IP address. Important - before plugging it back in, go to the camera menu of the NVR, change it to manual from plug and play, and enter the IP address and admin password you’ve allocated. Otherwise the NVR will try and connect it using plug and play and you’ll get a network unreachable or incorrect password error. For the IP I add 100 to the camera number so Cam 6 would be 192.168.254.106. Easy to remember and no chance of a conflict.
Thank you - that worked, setting the IP address on the channel manually BEFORE connecting it to the NVR. Now got it connected to NVR port and showing as online! :)

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
has anyone had issues adding 6mp DS-2CD2365G1-I darkfighter cameras to I model nvr? I can connect camera to LAN and access via it's IP and login details, Also if i change an nvr channel to manual, enter the IP and username and password I can view the camera.

Can anyone help?

I've got 4 other 4mp cams working fine on the NVR directly attached,
NVR and cam are all on latest firmware.
hi mate.

how are these performing in night & daylight.
i am thinking of deploying these.
DS-2CD2365G1
rgs

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to hear an answer to the above question too :)

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to hear an answer to the above question too :)
There is a youtube video on the DS-2CD2365G1.
By all accounts the 6mp seems really good, local installer here talks well of them & they have "dark fighter".
But really if you want good night time vision you gotta install a IR Illuminator.