HIKVISION DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL Strobe

vfast

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey - I'm lucky enough to have one of these cameras. Really happy with it generally. Running blueiris and have been able to enable audio. However I cant seem to find how to activate the 'strobe' light function. I am able to turn the lights on / off on Trigger but not the strobe function. Any assistance would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey - I'm lucky enough to have one of these cameras. Really happy with it generally. Running blueiris and have been able to enable audio. However I cant seem to find how to activate the 'strobe' light function. I am able to turn the lights on / off on Trigger but not the strobe function. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Blue iris doesnt natively support engaging the strobe. Blue iris can run a program/script to send the camera a command to turn on the strobe. However you would need the hikvision api. As strobes are becoming more popular you may want to ask the BI developer if he could support that function for popular cameras.

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @vfast
I was just looking at this camera and trying to decide between it and the competing Dahua camera with similar specs:
and reviewed here on ipcamtalk:
Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Please post back a review or any pros/cons when you have a chance since you indeed seem to be the first person lucky enough to have one of these on ipcamtalk! Can you let us know how well the human detection works (distance, missed events, etc.)? Are you using it outside? I'm wondering about vehicles too. Also, how's the motion blur at night with moving objects? How about the lag time when encoding at 4k?

BTW where did you get it from? Are you able to get firmware updates for it and does the Hikvision app work with it?

Thanks!

Last edited: