Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW configuration remote shutdown help

sressa

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed the Hikvision cube camera at my vacation place. And I have no idea what I'm doing! So here's the issue, I setup and activated the camera with its own software that came in the box. Next, I downloaded BI and configured the WAN with port forwarding as described. Also, I'm storing the clips and snapshots to Google Drive. It seemed to be working fine. But after I left to return home today, my g-drive was being bombarded with 100's of JPG's. Its non-stop. Now I'm hours away and I don't know how to stop the camera from taking all these pics. I think it has taken about 3,000 shots since 11 a.m.

I am able to access the camera remotely using the Hikvision login. But I don't know how to shut it down using the configuration utility.

Also, I was wondering what I did wrong in the first place? So, is it a setting in the BI or in the Hikvision setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just installed the Hikvision cube camera at my vacation place. And I have no idea what I'm doing! So here's the issue, I setup and activated the camera with its own software that came in the box. Next, I downloaded BI and configured the WAN with port forwarding as described. Also, I'm storing the clips and snapshots to Google Drive. It seemed to be working fine. But after I left to return home today, my g-drive was being bombarded with 100's of JPG's. Its non-stop. Now I'm hours away and I don't know how to stop the camera from taking all these pics. I think it has taken about 3,000 shots since 11 a.m.

I am able to access the camera remotely using the Hikvision login. But I don't know how to shut it down using the configuration utility.

Also, I was wondering what I did wrong in the first place? So, is it a setting in the BI or in the Hikvision setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. Are you creating the snapshots with blue iris or the camera? where is the google drive setup?

sressa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm creating the snapshots with blue iris. I have the google drive setup in both locations. Also, I just downloaded the BI app to my phone. Perhaps there are settings available through the app?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm creating the snapshots with blue iris. I have the google drive setup in both locations. Also, I just downloaded the BI app to my phone. Perhaps there are settings available through the app?
the only thing you could do via the app is to disable the camera completely in blue iris...do you have remote access to the system?

sressa

n3wb
Reaction score
yes I have remote access via the app. It would be nice to just disable the cam for now. Its taking snapshots every 5 secs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes I have remote access via the app. It would be nice to just disable the cam for now. Its taking snapshots every 5 secs.
No i mean via access to the pc via teamviewer or something like it.
if not you have several option..you can long press on the camera in the app, then select disable OR turn off the motion sensor (assuming the jpegs are motion activated)..another thing you can try is to change the traffic signal to red...if you left it at default it should disable your jpeg posting as well as recording but you will still have live view..

sressa

n3wb
Reaction score
ok..no remote access but thanks. I'll look into getting a remote access program after this experience.
I did the "long press" disable and it stopped. Thank you! Great help.
I must have somehow configured the cam to take jpegs every 5 secs. I'm not sure whether or not it was motion activated. They just kept coming.
I'll take a fresh look at it next week when I return. All I really want is to have alert snapshots and clips sync to google drive so I have a backup.
Once again, many thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok..no remote access but thanks. I'll look into getting a remote access program after this experience.
I did the "long press" disable and it stopped. Thank you! Great help.
I must have somehow configured the cam to take jpegs every 5 secs. I'm not sure whether or not it was motion activated. They just kept coming.
I'll take a fresh look at it next week when I return. All I really want is to have alert snapshots and clips sync to google drive so I have a backup.
Once again, many thanks
No problem...setting up remote access is a must..teamviewer is free...