Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Crackly Loud Sound

k2ace

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a few Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW cams that have been working for a long time without issues. Today one of them started making noise like it's possessed, two separate occasions about two hours apart. The sound coming from the camera is very crackly almost high pitch tone that cycles from high to low volume. If I play back the video captured there is a perfectly clear constant high pitch tone recorded. The only thing that seems to stop it is by unplugging the camera and plugging it back in.

The only thing that has changed is the first time it occurred was about an hour after upgrading to BI 4.4.9.7.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running the same cam in my living room and did that bi update yesterday morning. I have no issues. Is your fw up to date on the 2432?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

k2ace

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running the same cam in my living room and did that bi update yesterday morning. I have no issues. Is your fw up to date on the 2432?

Didn't really think it would be a firmware issues since all three are running the same configuration and firmware, only one is doing this. I see there is a newer 5.4 firmware for the camera so I'm going to update the camera having issues to see if it makes any difference. I'm starting to think the camera is slowly failing since the odd issue is coming back quicker after each restart, its down to only running about 15 minutes now before it acts up.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dont think it will resolve but cant hurt to try. Do you have the mic on somewhere? Bi mobile app or desktop? Try disabling audio on that cam and see if it stops.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't really think it would be a firmware issues since all three are running the same configuration and firmware, only one is doing this. I see there is a newer 5.4 firmware for the camera so I'm going to update the camera having issues to see if it makes any difference. I'm starting to think the camera is slowly failing since the odd issue is coming back quicker after each restart, its down to only running about 15 minutes now before it acts up.
Dont upgrade unless you are certain you have a US/world region camera...if you have a china camera you will brick it...
first try a factory reset and another location to see if there is some interference causing it..

k2ace

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated the camera firmware and it seemed to be working for a while. I never noticed the noise return but it stopped responding completely earlier this afternoon. Cant get any lights on the cam and the PoE switch isn't recognizing a it as connected. I swapped it with another cam on the switch and tried connecting directly to a power adapter, same results, nothing. It looks like the cam is dead.