Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW will not keep the correct date & time

Incogneeto

n3wb
Reaction score
My Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW is stuck on the date 6/15/2019. Normally I let NTP keep the time up to date but when I noticed that the time was "stuck" I tried changing it manually as well as "Sync with computer time" and no matter what I do it will not change the device time. I have tried power cycling it multiple times, doing a complete factory reset, and even changing the SD card. Has anyone ever seen this or know how to correct it?

It may not seem like a big deal but the recordings are saving on 6/15 and constantly being overwritten and the OSD always shows 6/15/2019...

Attachments

Incogneeto

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried restoring to factory defaults and then re-flashing the firmware but that didn't help either. Oddly, the camera knows what date it actually is because on the Playback tab it has the correct date selected but says "No record file." If I choose 6/15/2019 in the date picker and hit search it shows the recordings from today. If I reboot the camera the time is reset to 6/15/2019 12:00 PM, and if I manually try to set the time it usually will set the time to 6/15/2019 11:00 AM. Weird... I guess the camera is on it's last leg.