Hikvision DS-2CD2532-I(S) Unboxing (with pictures!)

Reaction score
Can you remotely PTZ this camera? I'm looking to set one up outside and need to alter the position dependant on where car is parked.

Sid Womack

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to connect an amplified mic and 5 watt audio speaker to the DS-2cd2732F-IS and all I get when trying to use the two way audio, I get into a feed back loop. Gain on the MIC is turned down to 7% Seems like the line out would go silent when trying to speak to person at the door. Are my connections right? (Mic+ and Mic gnd) and speaker (Line R and line gnd). Dont know what (line L)is? Audio on my work cell phone is clear on my end but I tap the speaker off icon and it still stays on and tapping the mic icon it starts a feed back at camera end. The neighbors thought my alarm siren had tripped. Any help on these connections would be a great help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have you set the audio in the firmware to be line in? I believe there is a line in and mic in option, since your mic is amplified you need to select line in.

Sid Womack

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I have tried all combinations and still feed back, Found a solution.

have you set the audio in the firmware to be line in? I believe there is a line in and mic in option, since your mic is amplified you need to select line in.

I found the solution to by installing a push button at door with microphone and speaker. It is not two way, but I have the microphone to activate when the button is pushed. The relay switches out the speakers. I simply tell the people to push the button when they want to talk. I found one problem was that my monitor with sound was causing some feed back at times as the microphone can hear about 25 ft away. So the push button/relay solved the problem.

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does this stack up against the HDW4300C ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its smaller, has a more sensitive mic and alarm input("S" model), and can record to an sd card. It has a weaker IR. Its a very nice camera, i have it mounted indoors in an office with the 2.8mm lens...Works great.

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was looking for a camera for my front door, this one looks like the one... since I don't know anything about video camera, can someone confirm it would be a good fit? @milkisbad: can you send me a pm for this camera?
Thanks
Vin

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes it will be great as a front door camera...get the standard lens i think its 3.6 or 4mm not the 2.8...

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman:

Could you tell me why a 4mm would be better than the 2.8. I did some research and it looks like for a front door, you would want to see the people close to the door, so wide angle. Which looks like I need a smaller lens. Unless, the 4mm is already wide enough for close up object (3-5 feet) and in this case, it's just that the 2.8 mm is just not necessary because I would get a small object (the person) in the center and lots of nothing on each edge.

Vin

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly, the 4mm wide enough (even too wide) for a small area like a front door. You will get a sharper image with 4mm and you wont get a bunch of wall or excess coverage that can mess with IR.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Exactly, the 4mm wide enough (even too wide) for a small area like a front door. You will get a sharper image with 4mm and you wont get a bunch of wall or excess coverage that can mess with IR.
Completely agree.
IMO a 2.8mm lens is a waste of good camera unless you specifically want a general, less than sharply defined overview. Why do that when you can have a sharply defined general overview?
IIRC, NetworkCameraCritic was saying they are only good for facial recognition purposes out to something like 15' max.

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the front door, the 4mm will be better I believe. I ordered it on ali express, we'll see...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2.8mm on a 1/3rd CMOS gives you basically a 90 degree FOV; perfect for inside corners and I disagree with the above sentiment; it is completely acceptable front door camera..

Your camera should be well within 15ft of the door so distance of ID problem of wide angle is moot; plus you gain less blind spots.. yeah you see more wall but you know someone isint leaning against the wall or crouching down to hide from the camera's perspective.. when you can get under a camera by someone's front door its pretty easy to hide from it, the wider the angle the less this is an issue. A wide angles on choke points and tight areas is pretty standard as the best places to utilize them.

yeah you might see some more stuff off in the distance thats difficult to ID but I dont exactly see how thats bad unless you want to use a front door camera for more than identifying people at your door.

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the 4mm, so I'll let you know. But from my research and based on the configuration of my front door which has a 4 feet 'corridor', I hope it will be fine. I'll post pictures

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it will still be fine; I am running 3.8's all around including both front and back.. I was just disagreeing that a 2.8mm is a 'waste of a camera'; especially when used at choke points like doors/porches where the camera tends to be close up and personal.

attached is my view; all but the top left are 3.8mm wide angles placed at doors/gates.

Attachments