Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IWS

gravykid

n3wb
Reaction score
Help! I am at my wits end!

I purchased 7 cameras from a Chinese seller back in June of 2014, and all were working fine. Recently I upgraded the firmware on 6 out of 7 from 5.1.6_140412 to 5.2.0 from this forum https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1078-Firmware-5-2-0-in-English

All worked smashingly until I got to the only camera I REALLY wanted to upgrade, which was the DS-2CD2532F-IWS - unfortunately it didn't work out and it's stuck in the CCRR mode. After reading through a number of forums, I have been trying to update via the TFTP and have tried the same 5.2.0 firmware, I have tried the 5.1.6 fw from whoslooking's signature, and I've tried the 5.1.2 from the European FTP site.

All updates work via TFTP, but right after I get the success notification, I can no longer ping it and now it's not even showing up on SADP. It's an older camera and, to my knowledge, never had higher than 5.1.x so I'm not too sure if I should try to upgrade to 5.3.0 CN and then do the downgrade? I can't seem to find a link to the 5.3 CN fw either....

I have tried to reach out to the seller to get the original firmware, but the store is no longer around so my hopes are dim on that angle.

Any suggestions on next steps would be welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

gravykid

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair. I did try 5.1.2 that I downloaded from the overseas ftp site. I haven't tried switching any languages yet. I assumed the one I tried was English, but I don't know. Should I be switching it to Chinese first then hack it to English?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I be switching it to Chinese first then hack it to English?
A firmware language mismatch can be one reason why a camera does not boot normally after an apparently successful firmware update.
It's easy to switch it as an experiment with hiktools 'lang' command.
The language the camera end up with is more a function of what it's internal region setting is.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why do you wan't to upgrade it? Or REALLY want to as you put it?

Hint: 5.1.6 is better than the later versions!!!!!!!!

gravykid

n3wb
Reaction score
Why do you wan't to upgrade it? Or REALLY want to as you put it?

Hint: 5.1.6 is better than the later versions!!!!!!!!
I wanted to upgrade because I am having issues with that camera at night. The image is really dark and it's almost like the IR isn't turning on at all. I had read that 5.2.0 had dealt with the night glitch, so I wanted to see if it would fix that problem.

gravykid

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so I was finally able to get it live again. Got the original 5.1.0 firmware from the seller. She says it has to be that firmware for the camera, but I don't buy it. It says it's 5.1.6 right on the camera, and looking at the GUI, I KNOW this wasn't the one on it. I tried to update to the 5.1.6 from whoslooking, but it doesn't take it. Any ideas on how I can get it BACK to 5.1.6? I don't know why this camera isn't playing nice like the others....

I could get 5.3.0 to load onto it, but then it wouldn't take the default password....