Hikvision DS-2CD3XX5 Firmware

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
hi
Can any of you guys point me in the right direction, I have 5 cam of the same model but none of them have the same firmware and what to bring all of them up to 5.4.20 build 160726

Where can I find that firmware.?

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi
Can any of you guys point me in the right direction, I have 5 cam of the same model but none of them have the same firmware and what to bring all of them up to 5.4.20 build 160726

Where can I find that firmware.?
These are IP cameras for china domestic market, after firmware update will be in Chinese, with no possibility of return to firmw 3.xx

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Original 5.4.20 firmware below - TFTP it to your cameras and they will update. They will be Chinese though.

IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.4.20_160726.zip

Unless there is a real need I advise leaving them alone. The page you bought them from should have stated they should not be upgraded.

Last edited:

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
So there is no way to have my Chinese Hik updated to 5.4.20 in english?

What about the app that change the english firmware to a chinese flag, that doesn't work?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No.

Besides the manufacturer doesn't make English firmware for this Chinese market only camera anyway.

I know it's usually good practice to keep things up to date with the latest firmware but in the case of Hikvision cameras that's not always true - whether grey market or retail.

Try to avoid scratching that "must upgrade" itch if you can - especially if the camera is fine as it is. If you're worried about lack of security updates I would simply ensure the camera isn't exposed to the Internet without VPN or similar restriction. That's a good idea for any device anyway.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the app that change the english firmware to a chinese flag, that doesn't work?
Hiktools changes the language in the header of the firmware file - not the language of the camera itself.
So there is no way to have my Chinese Hik updated to 5.4.20 in english?
If the camera connects OK to whatever NVR or CMS you are using - the 'Batch Configuration Tool' works OK with Chinese cameras and allows fine-detailed configuration with full English menus. It's pretty good, in my view.
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
Hiktools changes the language in the header of the firmware file - not the language of the camera itself.
Ok I tough that the Hiktools can change an english firmware and put a chinese header to fools the cam, hence the camera would be in english

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
Try to avoid scratching that "must upgrade" itch if you can - especially if the camera is fine as it is. If you're worried about lack of security updates I would simply ensure the camera isn't exposed to the Internet without VPN or similar restriction. That's a good idea for any device anyway.
The itch came from waning to put the latest on all camera to have the new H265, because I wanna to reduce bitrate on my shitty network and maintain a good quality!
I have 3 that have 5.4.20 and 3 that are random, just want to have them all on H265 and why not on the same firmware!