Hikvision DS-2CD6332FWD-IS Fish Eye Firmware issue.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there.
So sorry to ask, but i was wondering if anyone can please help or advise me on an issue i have with a
Hikvision DS-2CD6332FWD-IS Fish Eye.
I have been slowly buillding my CCTV system after we got Burgled and my young Son was badly affected.
Iam a mechanical Engineer by trade and have loved setting everything up.
I generally buy my cameras from Ebay but i always purchase UK models in their original Hikvision red and white boxes.
I have the cameras plugged into a Hikvision NVR DS 7616NI-K216/P.
The issue i have is that i can not upgrade the Firmware from its original V.5.0.9_141009
(Date on camera11/2015)
The cameras serial number has the region CCWR code in it, if this is of any help
(also iam based in the UK)
I can go backwards but not forwards with the firmware.
I have tried via SADP, via IVMS 4200 and via the NVR using a Pen drive?
I have no issues updating any of my other cameras.
I can return the camera for a refund by next week, but i dont know how important updating the firmware is? as the camera functions and was a reasonable price for a fish eye????????
Any advice would be greatly appreciated but please understand that i only have basic skills.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards Ray.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.
I have tried all these ones in your link,
apart from the 160106 firmware which when i try to extract it into a dav file it wont let? but all the other ones i have tried through all the 3 ways that i can.
I can go backwards with the firmware?
I have another fisheye the DS-2CD6362F-I and i have no problems with the firmware.
I have used the links in ipcamtalk and through the hikvision uk site?
Sorry.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried via SADP, via IVMS 4200 and via the NVR using a Pen drive?
The camera is connected to an NVR PoE port?
How did you find it with SADP? Did you connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port?
I have not seen a version of SADP that can do firmware updates - I'm using 3.0.0.10
And I have never used a flash drive via the NVR to update a camera, so not sure how well that works.

The camera web GUI maintenance menu is usually pretty good at firmware updates, when the firmware is valid.
Maybe try browser access to the camera, with the PC on an NVR PoE port, after temporarily changing the PC IP address to one in the range used by the PoE ports, usually 192.168.254.x

And the Batch Configuration Tool is reliable as well : Tools - Download - Hikvision
The same comments as above re accessing the camera.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair.
Firstly, i forgot to say thanks for looking into this for me.
Sorry for the late response.I have a Young son and i was trying to sort this out and help him, it was maybe not the best time to contact Ipcamtalk but my frustration is getting to me and i will have to return this camera by the 1st of February for a refund if it is not working correctly. Or if you think it will be okay without the Firmware updates????? As it seems to be working in every other way, or was this the reason it was for sale as it will not update????
By the way the camera is plugged straight into the NVR.(POE)
It is an up to date SADP Firmware (3.0.0.14), but being new to this i have only just realised that when i initialise SADP and double click on the device it has found which is now obviously only 1 item, my NVR and this then takes me to another window with an IP address in it, which i pressummed was still SADP but which i now believe to be the GUI???? (Am i correct?) i then have to put my admin details and password in and i can then live view/play back and modify the cameras, it is within this platform that i have tried to update the Firmware.
Anyway it was through this that i have tried to update the firmware as well as through Hikvision IVMS 4200 (V2.8.1.4_EN) and via the NVR with a PenDrive using dav files, which has been successful for me before with all my other cameras firmware?
I have now plugged my PC into one off the redundant POE port and opened up SADP, i can now see all my cameras and the one in Fish eye in question and can now see its IP address, but i know you have mentioned about changing my PCs IP address temporarily? i have looked on the web about how to do this and i am very confused and worried that i will fail and mess things up? please could you direct me to a simple easy to understand link? or give me the really basic instructions? i am running windows 10 and using IE for getting onto the GUI? i struggled doing this for ages but i have now sorted it and i can view all cameras live. (again by looking at the Forum and the internet for answers)
Why are there so many platforms to access and modify things? why can you not De-Warp the Fish eye cameras in the GUI platform (or am i missing something) but you can in IVMS 4200 by right clicking whilst hovering over the live camera image and using the fish eye button in the drop down list?
If you modify things in the GUI platform does it alter them in IVMS 4200 and vice versa? or is the GUI the Master? Sorry for all the questions but it confuses me.
I tried to update the NVR firmware via the dedicated button in the NVR only for it to tell me it was up to date, but then whilst looking through this Forum i found that this button does not work and when looking at the Hikvision firmware site i found that this was true and have now updated the NVR firmware to the most recent. it was at least 4/5 firmware dates behind!!!!!!
Any way many thanks again Alastair, and any "basic plain English steps for changing my IP address would be gratefully appreciated", Ha Ha......
Kind Regards Ray.
I am learning so much Thank you. I really enjoy getting to the bottom of these issues.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
"basic plain English steps for changing my IP address would be gratefully appreciated",
I don't use Windows 10 - so can't provide the detailed steps, but this seems to cover it :
Find out, renew, change IP address in Windows 10

The usual IP address range for the PoE ports in those Hikvision NVRs is 192.168.254.x so you could use something like 192.168.254.200 for the PC.
Don't forget to note how the PC was set before you change it, so you can change it back when you are finished.
Most likely set to get an IP address automatically.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
Just checked - that file is corrupt on the EU portal.
Just checked - that file is corrupt on the EU portal.
Raymondon3wb
Hi Alastisair.
The message below is from earlier today, i have since managed to change my Laptop IP address to the IP v4 address of the Fish eye camera?
Not sure what to do now? Was that the correct IP address?
When i had changed it i plugged the Ethernet cable back into the lap top and a spare poe port on the NVR and ran SADP, and thought once it had Found the Camera i would just double click on it and i would then be able access it?
I really do not know what iam doing.
I have the the Hikvision Batch Tool, but again what should i be doing in it?
Sorry again for all the questions.

Hi Alastair.
Firstly, i forgot to say thanks for looking into this for me.
Sorry for the late response.I have a Young son and i was trying to sort this out and help him, it was maybe not the best time to contact Ipcamtalk but my frustration is getting to me and i will have to return this camera by the 1st of February for a refund if it is not working correctly. Or if you think it will be okay without the Firmware updates????? As it seems to be working in every other way, or was this the reason it was for sale as it will not update????
By the way the camera is plugged straight into the NVR.(POE)
It is an up to date SADP Firmware (3.0.0.14), but being new to this i have only just realised that when i initialise SADP and double click on the device it has found which is now obviously only 1 item, my NVR and this then takes me to another window with an IP address in it, which i pressummed was still SADP but which i now believe to be the GUI???? (Am i correct?) i then have to put my admin details and password in and i can then live view/play back and modify the cameras, it is within this platform that i have tried to update the Firmware.
Anyway it was through this that i have tried to update the firmware as well as through Hikvision IVMS 4200 (V2.8.1.4_EN) and via the NVR with a PenDrive using dav files, which has been successful for me before with all my other cameras firmware?
I have now plugged my PC into one off the redundant POE port and opened up SADP, i can now see all my cameras and the one in Fish eye in question and can now see its IP address, but i know you have mentioned about changing my PCs IP address temporarily? i have looked on the web about how to do this and i am very confused and worried that i will fail and mess things up? please could you direct me to a simple easy to understand link? or give me the really basic instructions? i am running windows 10 and using IE for getting onto the GUI? i struggled doing this for ages but i have now sorted it and i can view all cameras live. (again by looking at the Forum and the internet for answers)
Why are there so many platforms to access and modify things? why can you not De-Warp the Fish eye cameras in the GUI platform (or am i missing something) but you can in IVMS 4200 by right clicking whilst hovering over the live camera image and using the fish eye button in the drop down list?
If you modify things in the GUI platform does it alter them in IVMS 4200 and vice versa? or is the GUI the Master? Sorry for all the questions but it confuses me.
I tried to update the NVR firmware via the dedicated button in the NVR only for it to tell me it was up to date, but then whilst looking through this Forum i found that this button does not work and when looking at the Hikvision firmware site i found that this was true and have now updated the NVR firmware to the most recent. it was at least 4/5 firmware dates behind!!!!!!
Any way many thanks again Alastair, and any "basic plain English steps for changing my IP address would be gratefully appreciated", Ha Ha......
Kind Regards Ray.
I am learning so much Thank you. I really enjoy getting to the bottom of these issues.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i have since managed to change my Laptop IP address to the IP v4 address of the Fish eye camera?
No, that is not correct.
Each device must have it's own IP address, they need to be unique.
If 2 devices have the same address, this will break the ability for them to communicate properly.
If the camera IP address was showing in SADP as something like 192.168.254.x then set the PC IP address to 192.168.254.200 for example.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use Windows 10 - so can't provide the detailed steps, but this seems to cover it :
Find out, renew, change IP address in Windows 10

The usual IP address range for the PoE ports in those Hikvision NVRs is 192.168.254.x so you could use something like 192.168.254.200 for the PC.
Don't forget to note how the PC was set before you change it, so you can change it back when you are finished.
Most likely set to get an IP address automatically.
Hi Alastisair.
I have since managed to change my Laptop IP address to the IP v4 address of the Fish eye camera? i used the same number? is that not correct?
I did have the old IP address details and have now put it back and everything on my internet is working (I have now learnt something new, thanks)
When i had changed it i plugged the Ethernet cable back into the lap top and back into a spare poe port on the NVR and ran SADP, and thought once it had Found the Camera i would just double click on it and i would then be able access it, a bit like going into the GUI?
I really do not know what iam doing.
I have the the Hikvision Batch Tool, but again what should i be doing in it?
Sorry again for all the questions.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
No, that is not correct.
Each device must have it's own IP address, they need to be unique.
If 2 devices have the same address, this will break the ability for them to communicate properly.
If the camera IP address was showing in SADP as something like 192.168.254.x then set the PC IP address to 192.168.254.200 for example.
Hi Alastair,
the end number of the IP camera is 14? what should i use?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After that you should be able to use the browser to login in to the camera IP address and check out the options in the Maintenance menu.
But if everything is working normally, with no problems, it may be best to make no changes and treat this as a learning exercise.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
After that you should be able to use the browser to login in to the camera IP address and check out the options in the Maintenance menu.
But if everything is working normally, with no problems, it may be best to make no changes and treat this as a learning exercise.
Thank you Alastair, i will have another go.
Kind Regards Ray.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The issue i have is that i can not upgrade the Firmware from its original V.5.0.9_141009.
Return the camera, its faulty.

We've installed a few of these in the last 12 months and got 2 of that model with that firmware and they cannot be updated. There is also an issue where the audio doesn't work.

Hikvision remoted in to look at the first one of these we reported issues with and were unable to resolve so advised to return it.

You could probably TFTP in and flash it with the latest firmware version but not worth the hassle.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for this littlebandit.
I have now returned the camera and recieved my money back.
Many thanks to Alastair for his patience and great advice and help in this matter.
I know that this may have been a basic problem in comparison to other issues people have, but it has taught me a lot and i have also learnt a lot.
Many thanks to littlebandit for his input also.
Kind regards Ray.