Hikvision DS-2CD6412FWD-30 unboxing (1.3 MP covert camera)

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I've considered this unit in the past for a door camera. Trouble being that my ideal angle location would be on/in said exterior door, mounted on glass and it would need to shoot through a storm door as well, which I think will dampen image quality.

Price of unit and lack of IR viewing is a problem.

The good thing is, it seems to have a 20ft lead. I'd seen it as 20" and being affixed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I've considered this unit in the past for a door camera. Trouble being that my ideal angle location would be on/in said exterior door, mounted on glass and it would need to shoot through a storm door as well, which I think will dampen image quality.

Price of unit and lack of IR viewing is a problem.

The good thing is, it seems to have a 20ft lead. I'd seen it as 20" and being affixed.
The low light is pretty good, so if you have a porch light this should not be an issue.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah the low light performance was surprisingly good. The light from a computer screen was enough to see the whole room with reasonable clarity from the camera. But MSRP is $299 with 3 year warranty and US version, might not be budget friendly.

dlowe

n3wb
Reaction score
I am really interested in one of these but have a couple possibly odd questions. While I drought it I'll ask, can the lens section be opened to allow lens replacement? Are there any places that sell just the lens\cable? I ask because I would be interested in the 6mm version but if wish to move it or require a wider angle it would be nice to only have to purchase the lens or lens\cable.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The lens is sealed, don't see anyway of opening. If you want one with a 6mm lens, check with Wrightwood, they don't stock that lens but can get it from Hikvision for you.