Hikvision DS-7104NI-SN/P 4 Channel POE NVR W/ Built in 4 Port POE Switch

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

• 4 Channel NVR W/ 4 Port Plug n Play POE switch

• Easily records Hikvision cameras up to 2MP (1080p)

• 25 Mbps Maximum Throughput

• Sleek Slim-Line style NVR

• Holds One hard drive up to 4 TB

• Also supports 3rd party Onvif Cameras (up to 2MP)

• Specs Attached

PM / Call / Email for $15 off

rodaniel@nellyssecurity.com

918-532-6522

Attachments

xcr400

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-7104 NVR Has this model turned out to be good all rounder t the budget end of the market?
What features does it loose out to on the more expensive DS-7604? Do the they both have similar motion detection?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-7104 NVR Has this model turned out to be good all rounder t the budget end of the market?
What features does it loose out to on the more expensive DS-7604? Do the they both have similar motion detection?
7600s (The E hardware revision on up, not the older SE models) feature USB3 and have much faster hardware. As such, can handle higher than 2MP cameras. the 7600s also have the power supply built in (Line voltage goes right into the recorder), whereas these 7100s require an external 48VDC power brick. The 7100 is significantly older than the latest 7600 offerings, both in hardware and firmware support as well. 7100s haven't been discontinued, but it definitely seems as though Hikvision isn't giving them much love anymore. I had a small project that I was looking at a 4CH recorder, and remembered these tiny ones. However when I saw on Hikvision's download portal that their firmware hadn't been updated anywhere close to date as the 7600s were, so I opted for a 7604. The hardware overall was also a lot better so I'm glad I went that route. On the size note, Hikvision has been shrinking their 7600 series boxes to where they are akin to a cable box. Causes problems for rackmounting, but standalone, they're spectacular and have a relatively small footprint. I've had very good luck with them.

On the motion detection note, that is the most basic feature offered on virtually every recorder out there, regardless of brand.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly what @CoreyX64 said. I would highly recommend the 7608 or 7604 as they aren't much higher in price and have many more features along with POE+ built in.

Last edited by a moderator: