Hikvision DS-7108N-SN NVR - Booting problem & Hik camera not online

Justiriuz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hello everyone. I am new come for this forum. I have problem with DS-7108N-SN bought from aliexpress.

I need your help urgently due to I have buyer protection time for only 3 days.

1. NVR keep booting if I plug UTP before power on. Below is my status
1.1 NVR keep booting after initial screen "Embeded NVR". Box is not pass to next screen "Language choosing"

1.2 If I unplug UTP and then power on. It can boot properly.

I attach ping result that show you NVR keep booting.

2. I still cannot make online for "DS-2CD2145F-IS" and "DS-2CD3345-I" I try to read and follow Manual Guide but my problem is not resolved. I can make Foscam camera online and record properly but for Hikvision, I cannot.

Below is my status that may help you easy to analyze
Note : I use DS-7108N-SN

2.1. I cannot activate hikvision ip camera.
2.2. My NVR's password and Camera's password are the same.
2.3. I can ping all cameras.
2.4. I can "live view" direct from camera by browse to each camera.
2.5. Foscam (D03) camera can be add, online and record.

Please see attached picture

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I still cannot make online for "DS-2CD2145F-IS" and "DS-2CD3345-I
I believe that NVR is limited to 2MP recording resolution. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
You may find it works if you change the camera resolution to 1080p.

But if it boot loops when normally wired up you have grounds for a complaint to the seller, especially if they have modified the firmware.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have actually seen that before a few times (DS-71xx NVR rebooting when on power up the network cable was connected). And I think it mostly happened when the cable I was using came from a POE switch. I have actually also seen it with DS-71xx analog and HDTVI devices from Hikvision, so basically just with the lower end products.

If that is the case, try to do it from a non POE port; or use a lan cable that only is using wires 1-2-3-6 so the POE will not be working, but the 100mbps network will.

Justiriuz

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe that NVR is limited to 2MP recording resolution. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
You may find it works if you change the camera resolution to 1080p.

But if it boot loops when normally wired up you have grounds for a complaint to the seller, especially if they have modified the firmware.
Thank you, I will fix as you suggest and will update here again.

I have actually seen that before a few times (DS-71xx NVR rebooting when on power up the network cable was connected). And I think it mostly happened when the cable I was using came from a POE switch. I have actually also seen it with DS-71xx analog and HDTVI devices from Hikvision, so basically just with the lower end products.

If that is the case, try to do it from a non POE port; or use a lan cable that only is using wires 1-2-3-6 so the POE will not be working, but the 100mbps network will.
Thank you for your help. My DS-7108 NVR is connected from Router not POE port and lan cable is standard CAT5E 100mbps. But I have POE switch connected to same router, is it related or not ?

Last edited: