Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH firmware update

inforlonghaul

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just bought this Hikvision DVR the other day. I regrettably decided to update the firmware and now my camera feed is jacked up.

Before the update, the cameras filled the whole channel (like normal). After the recent update (DS-72xxHGHI&73xxHQHI_TurboHD_DVR_USA_Firmware_v3.1.6_150601) I now have a black bar that runs down the side. For some reason, the update shifted the feed about a quarter inch to the right and is actually cutting the feed out.

Oddly enough, I do have a couple of old fashioned Analog cameras that I haven't replaced yet, but their video feed is fine. Only the TVI cameras are having the issue.

I uploaded two pictures below to show what's going on. I'm completely clueless on any of this HikTools stuff, but anybody think they could help me figure this out, or is there at least a way to revert back to the original firmware?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats strange looks like the resolution has changed a little too, looking those images but not much.
try changing the resolution to a lower level, reboot whole system then change it back up again.

inforlonghaul

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thats strange looks like the resolution has changed a little too, looking those images but not much.
try changing the resolution to a lower level, reboot whole system then change it back up again.
Gave that a shot, unfortunately, I didn't have any luck. I even unplugged the power to the cameras and also swapped the channels and its still doing it.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Download the other firmware and tftp it back on, like the saying says if it ain't broke, you know.

inforlonghaul

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well... Today isnt my day. Ive spent two hours trying to get the tftp thing running and having no luck.

I plugged the ethernet cable frim dvr into the computer, set the computer ip to 192.0.0.128, turned off the wifi card, rebooted dvr and then bootup the tftp program. It just sits there looking at me saying initializing. Im going to ruin my harddrive if i keep turning this thing on and off.

Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I plugged the ethernet cable frim dvr into the computer, set the computer ip to 192.0.0.128, turned off the wifi card, rebooted dvr and then bootup the tftp program
Just leave everything plugged into the normal LAN as usual - it's unlikely to work reliably with a direct connection.
Set the computer IP address to 192.0.0.128
Start the TFTP server. Does it say 'Hikvision TFTP server' in the window title? Is the digicap.dav file in the same folder as tftpserv.exe?
Power cycle the DVR, check the status screen of the TFTP server.
The process can take 5-10 mins.

inforlonghaul

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just leave everything plugged into the normal LAN as usual - it's unlikely to work reliably with a direct connection.
Set the computer IP address to 192.0.0.128
Start the TFTP server. Does it say 'Hikvision TFTP server' in the window title? Is the digicap.dav file in the same folder as tftpserv.exe?
Power cycle the DVR, check the status screen of the TFTP server.
The process can take 5-10 mins.
That totally did the trick there. I went ahead and left the DVR plugged into the Router and used my Desktop computer to make the changes. As soon as I rebooted the DVR the TFTP kicked into gear. Why didn't the instructions just say that rather than insisting on the "connect the computer to the DVRs network port."

Either way, that fixed my problem. Now that its been fixed, I'm leary of trying to install any of the other newer firmware updates that were released prior to the June update. But at least I know how to fix it if I run into issues.

Thanks so much for all the help.