Hikvision DS- 7604 Not recording audio

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys

Have any of you had an issues getting your NVR's to record audio ?

I can hear the audio fine live view , in recording settings its set to record audio but when I play back footage the audio just isnt there

any info appreciated

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
in the cameras video settings, set it to video and audio not just video

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive checked the camera setting and its already set to video & audio stream , G.711ulaw is my current audio encoding setting on the camera

Really not sure what else to try

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
-under Record->Parameters, check main stream/event stream/ sub stream and make sure they are all video/audio
-Under Configuration->Live View, check Enable Audio Output for all your video output (VGA/HDMI)

as far as i know on the NVR those are the only two audio settings.

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
-under Record->Parameters, check main stream/event stream/ sub stream and make sure they are all video/audio
-Under Configuration->Live View, check Enable Audio Output for all your video output (VGA/HDMI)

as far as i know on the NVR those are the only two audio settings.
Thanks , there was a hidden setting when I logged into the NVR as a client which was not checked record audio , bizzarely I couldnt find the setting when going directly into the NVR with the mouse ! , all sorted now thanks guys

advnettech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks , there was a hidden setting when I logged into the NVR as a client which was not checked record audio , bizzarely I couldnt find the setting when going directly into the NVR with the mouse ! , all sorted now thanks guys
Where is the hidden setting? I have the same issue.

Thanks

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think it was in the actual camera menu not selecting video and audio , the settings were not available from the NVR interface, the audio works perfectly now