Hikvision DS-7608-NI-E2/A problems with connection IP Camera

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new too this forum because i am having trouble's with connecting my ip camera's.
Our old NVR died... well it didn't captured anything. So i ordered a new NVR. The old one was a chinees brand after a long search.

What i bought:
1x Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/A

What we have:
4x http://en.wetranstek.com/products_detail/productId=55.html
1x https://szwetrans.en.alibaba.com/product/913380253-800872033/Chinese_factory_product_TN_2016M_1080P_IP_Securiy_Network_Video_Recorder_16CH_NVR_POE.html?spm=a2700.8304367.0.0.Wuuyf4

So i didn't know the ip camera's had a user and password. After a search that i found out which brand and which camera i could download the program from their site: here
The program could find the camera's i did reset them to default. user: admin pass: 123456.
So after this i could login on each camera. I did connect the NVR with all the cabels. Ethernet, power etc.
The NVR couldn't find the camera's from itself. So i did fill them self in. But the problem is that it gives a error. The NVR says: "Offline(Parameter Error)". I don't know what to do. I hope someone can help me!

Already very thanks for replying!
PS: if it is in a wrong section, please move it moderators!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So i did fill them self in. But the problem is that it gives a error. The NVR says: "Offline(Parameter Error)".
You need to supply some details of what you filled in for the configuration.
If you used the default type of 'Hikvision' you would get that error.
For non-Hikvision cameras the choice would usually be ONVIF or Generic RTSP.
Do you know if the cameras support the ONVIF specification?

*edit* I see that the cameras claim ONVIF compatibility.
Query the cameras with the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Give it some logon credentials (top left of the window) and it will find the cameras automatically.
You will need the 'ONVIF' port to configure as ONVIF in the Hikvision NVR.
The ONVIF port can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the Identification' page.

Reaction score

Query the cameras with the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Give it some logon credentials (top left of the window) and it will find the cameras automatically.
The ONVIF port can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the Identification' page.
In 2 hours i will be home and i will place some screenshots! Hopefully it will work or you can help me!

Reaction score

Well, I have used the program. But it won't find my camera's. Also not when i put in the ip adress.
In my browser it is working. So if I go to: 192.168.1.250 or x.249 x.251 x252 it will show my the login ingterface of the camera, see picture 1.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Compliments on your screenshots - they show the story clearly.
Well, I have used the program. But it won't find my camera's. Also not when i put in the ip adress.
In my browser it is working. So if I go to: 192.168.1.250 or x.249 x.251 x252 it will show my the login ingterface of the camera, see picture 1.
Well, that's very disappointing.
What this means, as far as I can see, is that either the cameras are not ONVIF compatible as claimed, or that ONVIF support may have to be enabled in the camera web GUI. Some cameras do have the facility to enable it, in some it's always active.
I'd trust ODM - if it shows no ONVIF devices, there are no ONVIF devices.
Unless your PC is running some particularly paranoid network access protection anti-malware program.

Reaction score

What this means, as far as I can see, is that either the cameras are not ONVIF compatible as claimed, or that ONVIF support may have to be enabled in the camera web GUI. Some cameras do have the facility to enable it, in some it's always active.
Unless your PC is running some particularly paranoid network access protection anti-malware program.
Ah oke, i will check that tomorrow!

Reaction score

Hi, i did look on the camera interface. Don't see anything. So i think is not ONVIF. I will contact the chinees seller and ask him what protocol it use...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I will contact the chinees seller and ask him what protocol it use...
Worth trying also is to ask what the 'RTSP URL' would be, in other words what would you use in VLC Media Player to see the main video stream.
That could be used in the NVR, though it would only give continuous recording, no motion detection.