hikvision DS-7608NI 24 record question

jjb

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to enable continuous recording (blue bar on playback) and still mark motion detection events with a yellow mark? I don't want an email every time a bug flies by the screen, but I would like to know when those and meaningful events are occurring while I am continuously recording. That way I can see the yellow marks and quickly review them, while still having 24 hour recording available.

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Via the web GUI Playback screen, this has been available since the 3.4.80 firmware (red marks - where did you see yellow?).
There are a few posts on the topic, example : Updated NVR firmware published - NVR_78_79_EXX_V3.4.80_160718.zip
Via the VGA/HDMI interface Playback motion events on a continuous timeline has been available since a few earlier firmware versions, though I don't recall exactly when as I pretty much always run the NVRs headless.

jjb

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for your reply!

I assumed yellow since that's how motion events are recorded, but red is better. Not clear on how to set this up via web. Setting storage settings to continuous and cameras to 'enable motion' continuously linked to the correct D-channel doesn't seem to work.

jjb

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to install the 3.4.9.0 firmware. Still am not getting motion flags on the continuous recording. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Web GUI.
Playback | Single camera view | Start playback | Swizzler thing to the right of the matrix selector (bottom left of the screen) | Drop down - selection 'Motion'

That's on the assumption you have motion recording active as well as continuous.

jjb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm missing that swizzler thing for some reason. How to activate both motion recording and continuous simultaneously? event settings are set to enable motion and always armed. The storage settings show continuous all times. I don't see an option for continuous and motion, or continuous and event.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What you've described should work -
Event | Basic Event | enable motion detection with Linkage Method 'Notify Surveillance Centre'
Storage | Schedule Settings | Enable | Continuous | Hours

jjb

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm such a noob. "notify surveillance center" without entering any connectivity information adds the events to the continuous playback? Thank you!

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been wondering how to get both working as well. The last thing I would have thought of trying is "Notify Surveillance Centre" (figuring that was some sort of alarm output).

jjb

n3wb
Reaction score
I think that is exactly right -- it is an alarm output. For some reason the system wont mark motion events during continuous recording unless they are linked to an alarm output of some sort. 'Send email' works too. I guess it is actually showing the linkage alarm event related to the motion.

Regardless, no harm done if it doesn't know what surveillance center to call, or if it doesn't know your email, right?

I'm sure that everyone knows more about this than me, but that's what I can surmise from the data I have.