HikVision DS-7608NI E2 / 8P Motion and Continuous

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the above NVR with the compatible Hikvision cameras. I have them all set to record continuous. However, I have noticed it's a pain to find an event within the recorded video. Is there a way to have it index the video to motion points so I am not having to watch hours upon hours of video while searching for a single event?

I cannot rely solely on motion for recording, because it doesn't always catch everything.

Thank you for the help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 3.3.4 version of firmware and up (and maybe earlier but I don't recall), the HDMI/VGA interface playback timeline gives the ability to see both continuous and motion events, and will fast view in between the motion events.
It's a neat and effective facility that would be great on the web GUI as well.

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Can you tell me where I can learn how to configure motion and use the features you mentioned?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was a bit lost on the colors for that menu. Will try it as i configured the cameras with vca alerts/events for line crossing.

I found some instruction on setting up vca but there was reference to other nvr types and screens did not match.
hikvision advertises vca events, but i am not able to find it in the manual.

in this pdf is the menu structure described at p28 (i have 7616NI-E2): http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/UploadFile/user manual & datasheet/UD.6L0202B1935A01_Baseline_Quick Start Guide of Network Video Recorder_76 77 86-E Series_V3.3.0_20150324.pdf

There it is referenced that only the 7700 and 8600 support VCA.

so i am bit lost what to setup in camera and what in this vcr.

edit:so i set it in the schedule to motion or alarm (like suggested above)
i go into configuraton, alarm and there i select an alarm from camera: 192.168.40.204

Do i need a trigger channel ? (I think i would need that to record another channel as well if this alarm trigger, and i not need that)
There is schedule for 00:00-24:00 every day of week.

I would like to see that if this camera detects a line crossing, it alerts (think i set that up correctly)

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There it is referenced that only the 7700 and 8600 support VCA.
The 7616 supports recording actions from 'smart events' with the right version of firmware.
From what I recall that started in version 3.2.1 and has continued with subsequent versions.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have one camerea working like I want:

Record schedule:

Basic event motion setting

Basic event alarm input

Smart event Line Crossing:

This gives me nice red markers on the playback timeline where events happen.

If I apply the same settings for other cameras, it does not give me equal results.
differences are:

record schedule:

The outside cameras are set to record whole night, but I still would like to have markers for movement during the night, and only record events during daytime including markers on the timeline.

For this first camera DS-2CD2432F-I(W) I thought i use the alarm with the ip address of the camera, but it started working only for input alarm A<-1

for the other camera' I tried the A<-2 till A<-4 but no luck.

Only2 out of my 4 cameras have listings with IP addresses for the Alarm input.

My NVR: DS-7616NI-E2 / A
runs: V3.3.4 build 150616

the working camera is a DS-2CD2432F-I(W)
runs: V5.3.0 build 151016

the non working camera: DS-2DE5220I-AE
runs: V5.2.10 build 150128

other non working: DS-2CD2332-I

Last edited by a moderator:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I finally got some results..

Smart events as "cross line" and "intrusion detect" do work from all my cameras after:
- updated the nvr to latests version (simply did not show events in 3.3.4 for more than 1 camera, and they were motion and not smart if i think back, as red color)
- defined the alarm inputs on the nvr for all camera's. Defined by the non meaningfull "local<-1" for camera 1
under settings of that alarm input trigger the camera you want to record, and schedule 24x7, linking action notify surveilance center.

the smart events i have setup on the camera side with trigger for the camera, arming 24x7, and notify surveilance center

This than works for continious recording, as you get markers on the timeline when even occurs.
For the non continious recording i had to set the recording to "event" and not "motion|alarm"

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
These pictures are no longer available. Can you repost? :)

I have one camerea working like I want:

Record schedule:

Basic event motion setting

Basic event alarm input

Smart event Line Crossing:

This gives me nice red markers on the playback timeline where events happen.

If I apply the same settings for other cameras, it does not give me equal results.
differences are:

record schedule:

The outside cameras are set to record whole night, but I still would like to have markers for movement during the night, and only record events during daytime including markers on the timeline.

For this first camera DS-2CD2432F-I(W) I thought i use the alarm with the ip address of the camera, but it started working only for input alarm A<-1

for the other camera' I tried the A<-2 till A<-4 but no luck.

Only2 out of my 4 cameras have listings with IP addresses for the Alarm input.

My NVR: DS-7616NI-E2 / A
runs: V3.3.4 build 150616

the working camera is a DS-2CD2432F-I(W)

the non working camera: DS-2DE5220I-AE
runs: V5.2.10 build 150128

other non working: DS-2CD2332-I

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will try. The hoster i used kille the main pictures and let the small ones there. I did mail them but no answers..

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try. The hoster i used kille the main pictures and let the small ones there. I did mail them but no answers..
Thanks. It appears that you've solved what I've been struggling with.