Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR Captures via webpage disappearing?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's some sort of firmware bug with my NVR- when logged on from a PC via the LAN port I seem unable to find where the screen captures are being saved to?

When the camera icon is pressed to do the screen capture a message flashes up on the screen saying where the picture is saved eg. C:/ Users/ Name/ Desktop/ 2017 04 17/xxx.jpg (from memory.) When I try and find that folder/ file on the Desktop it doesn't exist- it hasn't created that folder nor the file. Even searching the C: drive gives no results.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried checking on the NVR itself but they're not being created on it's hard drive either.

Also, is it possible to get captures in the camera's native resolution off the NVR? As an example I can only seem to get 1080P resolution captures from my 4MP camera (captured via the NVR.) In the Recording/ Capture options (IIRC) you can't specify a high resolution, just "Highest" quality (or similar) and some other low res options - obviously geared towards emailing the capture to a phone.

The user manual is next to useless on the above.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that depends on what Browser you are using, some put downloaded files into a sandbox area and when you close the browser it clears that area.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's some sort of firmware bug with my NVR- when logged on from a PC via the LAN port I seem unable to find where the screen captures are being saved to?
Blame Windows for not trusting the browser and placing the files in a buried, hidden, VirtualStore location instead of where the NVR has specified.
If it's IE, you should be able to fix this by adding the NVR IP address to the 'Trusted Sites' list.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I put the address into the Trusted sites, but things still wouldn't work. I then changed the folder I was attempting to save it to and it started working- I don't know if it was because I was trying to save them directly to the desktop?

The Trusted sites was a definite problem, the other I'm not sure?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@triumph202 when you click that capture button and you see that box pop up in the bottom right with the file folder location, you should be able to click on that link/file location in the pop up box and it will open that folder for you. Sometimes you can't find the folder because the default folder is buried in a specific user folder you may or may not have access/view rights to.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@triumph202 when you click that capture button and you see that box pop up in the bottom right with the file folder location, you should be able to click on that link/file location in the pop up box and it will open that folder for you. Sometimes you can't find the folder because the default folder is buried in a specific user folder you may or may not have access/view rights to.
Yes, I noticed that it was a link yesterday. When it was attempting to save to the Desktop the link gave an error - that was after I'd added the page to the Trusted Sites. It wasn't until I changed it to a folder on the Desktop it started working (perhaps I also "reset" something by changing the saved directory?) I don't know.