Hikvision DS-7608NI NVR-ISP 0.0.0.0.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forgot to add and this is important. After getting inital network setup (5/6 months ago) disabled DCHP so I could keep a static IP for router ports, etc.

Running 2 camera system for about 6 months now with no network problems. Tried login yesterday using a desktop PC and no good. Then tried the NVR dedicated monitor and all I got was an occasionally screen flashing displaying the two IP cameras views. Back to PC and using the SADP tool discover that the NVR ISP was set to 0.0.0.0 meanwhile the two IP cameras were at the default 192.168.254.X. I could using the SADP tool change the cameras ISP to my network range and read/write/etc to cameras however nothing I could do to reach the NVR.
Tried the normal stuff; modem, router, PC, NVR reboots to no avail. Did notice that when the NVR came back on line that the discrete NVR monitor displayed wrong configuration, Display not configured correctly, Should be 4K, now 1080. It appears that the NVR is working correctly but the Ethernet and HDMI ports are wrong. Also tried rebooting with USB and latest firmware hoping for default NVR settings, but no USB loading on reboot. I also tried using each comminication port separtely and then in different sequence but same results. Also IVMS4200 on PC yield same results as did a different PC (to rule out its Ethernet port).
I occasionally, using the SADP tool got the NVR to accept a new IP addy but nothing change on refresh.

Anybody have same or a different approach to this problem...Thanks ahead of time.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
meanwhile the two IP cameras were at the default 192.168.254.X.
That's the IP address range used by the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR.
Is that how the cameras are connected?
If they are connected to NVR PoE ports - how did you get SADP to see the cameras? Normally they would not be visible to a PC on the LAN.

I could using the SADP tool change the cameras ISP to my network range
If the cameras are actually connected to the NVR PoE ports, that would stop the NVR from being able to connect to them.
Can you explain a bit more? I don't understand your network setup or what you've been trying to do with the changes.

I occasionally, using the SADP tool got the NVR to accept a new IP addy but nothing change on refresh.
What is the IP address of the NVR as shown by SADP?
What IP address did you expect it to have?

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's the IP address range used by the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR.
Is that how the cameras are connected?
If they are connected to NVR PoE ports - how did you get SADP to see the cameras? Normally they would not be visible to a PC on the LAN.
If you connect an extra Ethernet line from a used NVR port to your router, these cameras will become visible and addressable. Change their "Adding Method" from Plug N Play to manual then you can give them an addressable ISP in your private network range and then using a browser address their ISP.
I had also enabled Virtual conncection in the NVR so I could talk to the cameras at the NVR ISP plus port which starts at 65001 which are additive by one for next IP camera.

If the cameras are actually connected to the NVR PoE ports, that would stop the NVR from being able to connect to them.
Can you explain a bit more? I don't understand your network setup or what you've been trying to do with the changes.
See answer above

What is the IP address of the NVR as shown by SADP?
What IP address did you expect it to have?
The NVR address was dictated by DHCP router connection on initial setup, i.e., 192.168.1.XXX. Then I disabled DHCP so I could keep the static address dictated by the router so I could setup the triggered router port connection without worrying about them changing later.

I ordered a cable tester which finally arrived and found a single bad connection between my router and the NVR. Replaced cable and all is well now now. While I could address the individual camera(s) via the extra cable NVR/router I still could not address the NVR. Upon getting my connection back the ISP address was the same as before so it had no changed but it still showed up as 0.0.0.0 on SADP. Enclosed a snip so you could see what I was seeing.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered a cable tester which finally arrived and found a single bad connection between my router and the NVR. Replaced cable and all is well now now.
That's good - it sounds like you've found and fixed the problem.

If you connect an extra Ethernet line from a used NVR port to your router, these cameras will become visible and addressable.
Strictly speaking - that's an invalid network arrangement, as it has the potential for a network loop, depending on how the NVR is handling the traffic between its internal (PoE) and external (LAN) interfaces.
But the method has been used by quite a few people without problems.
it still showed up as 0.0.0.0 on SADP
It may explain why the gateway is blank.

Change their "Adding Method" from Plug N Play to manual then you can give them an addressable ISP in your private network range
Something to be aware of - sending the camera traffic to the NVR via router ethernet ports can be a bit troublesome, depending on the capabilities of the specific router.
The extra burden of handling the continuous switch video traffic can adversely affect the router's ability to handle its internet traffic routing task.
Some routers struggle - some don't. It's best practice to have the cameras and NVR all connected to a separate switch, with the switch connected to the router for any internet traffic.
You might find it interesting to run an internet speed test with the arrangement as-is, and then with the NVR LAN connection to the router disconnected, just to see if there is any difference.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's good - it sounds like you've found and fixed the problem.

Strictly speaking - that's an invalid network arrangement, as it has the potential for a network loop, depending on how the NVR is handling the traffic between its internal (PoE) and external (LAN) interfaces.
But the method has been used by quite a few people without problems.

It may explain why the gateway is blank.

Something to be aware of - sending the camera traffic to the NVR via router ethernet ports can be a bit troublesome, depending on the capabilities of the specific router.
The extra burden of handling the continuous switch video traffic can adversely affect the router's ability to handle its internet traffic routing task.
Some routers struggle - some don't. It's best practice to have the cameras and NVR all connected to a separate switch, with the switch connected to the router for any internet traffic.
You might find it interesting to run an internet speed test with the arrangement as-is, and then with the NVR LAN connection to the router disconnected, just to see if there is any difference.
A couple of things: I only use the extra cabling to be able to connect and troubleshoot the problem. Not a day to day operation. The second is that is exactly what I did as I turn an old router-that as you suggested could not handle the traffic correctly, into a network switch and use that for my two NVR systems; one a Lorex, the other a Nikvision.

One last thing is that the "blank" network address happened during normal operation and not with the extra cable. I "assume" because of the faulty cable. BUT still puzzled as to why could not connect to NVR proper but could to cameras. Maybe if I would have disconnected the original faulty cable during testing, I could of be able to connect to the NVR via the extra cable.

graemac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve just installed my 8 port Hikvision iSeries NVR. I replaced it from my old NVR DS-7608NIE2-8It’s displaying all cameras but “the username and password is wrong”.

I used Batch tool and SADP to discover that the NVR is displaying IPv4 and gateway of 0.0.0.0 and only 2 of the cameras of the available 6 are showing. These two cameras have a gateway of 0.0.0.0. 4 other cameras are on a different gateway (my network gateway of 192.168.1.1).

I have no idea how to get them all “wiped”

If appreciate any help!.