Hikvision DS-7608NI NVR, PTZ control

Traxx34

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Pretty new to this and this one has me stumped.
I access the NVR through my home network, 192.168.1......, cameras are on a separate network through the NVR.
First thing was to get a still image and this works perfectly:
http://user:pwd@myip.com:0000/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/302/picture
It retrieves a low resolution picture from the 3rd camera.
The problem is that I cannot control PTZ or any other functions this way. I found some instructions for cameras that states I need to use a PUT command how ever, all GET / PUT commands fail with invalid method on the NVR.

Has anyone found a way to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Traxx34

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much, downloaded those documents and they are definitely helpful.
Using Get with ISAPI/PTZCtrl/channels and getting the error "503 Service Unavailable"
Am I correct in assuming that the PTZCtrl commands are not available through the NVR then?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that the PTZCtrl commands are not available through the NVR then?
I'm not sure, as I don't have a PTZ camera connected to test with.
Hopefully others could try.
Code:
<ResponseStatus version="1.0"><requestURL>/ISAPI/PTZCtrl/channels</requestURL><statusCode>2</statusCode><statusString>Device Busy</statusString><subStatusCode>serviceUnavailable</subStatusCode></ResponseStatus>

Traxx34

n3wb
Reaction score
Update,
Gave up and e-mailed tech support at Hikvision. According to them, it is not possible which I figured according to the responses.
I guess I will have to put that camera on my home network and add it as an ip camera to the NVR, then I can call it directly instead of the NVR.
Bummer, I liked my fast network!

Thank you for the help alastairstevenson!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cameras are on a separate network through the NVR.
Is this the PoE ports, on 192.168.254.0 ?
If so, and you have Virtual Host available and enabled in the NVR, you can access those devices directly at their native IP addresses if you add a static route for it on your LAN gateway/router
Something like "For network 192.168.254.0 mask 255.255.255.0 use NVR_LAN_Port_IP_address as the gateway"

Traxx34

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this the PoE ports, on 192.168.254.0 ?
If so, and you have Virtual Host available and enabled in the NVR, you can access those devices directly at their native IP addresses if you add a static route for it on your LAN gateway/router
Something like "For network 192.168.254.0 mask 255.255.255.0 use NVR_LAN_Port_IP_address as the gateway"
It is and I have managed to get the camera fully implemented in my home automation system! Thank you so much for all the help alastairstevenson!