Hikvision DS-7616N-E2/8P - first impression and some ambiguities

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just installed my new CCTV system: NVR Hikvision DS-7616N-E2/8P (firmware 3.0.8 build 140825) and 8 dome camera Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IWS. (all bought in china with aliexpress). I have noted that it is the version N (and not NI), but the software is in english. I am not sure what are the differences between N and NI...

I have cabled everything and it works, I mean I can see all the cameras.

Now I have to configure the NVR. I do have some questions that I hope some of you can answer to:
- the firmware is not the latest. I read on internet and I know that sometimes upgrade the firmware can be tricky... then I read also that some latest firmware will disable some features... so the question is: do you suggest to upgrade the firmware or not?
- I understood that is highly recommended to change the ports of the NRV/cameras. May I do it via NVR? I mean, once changed the ports for cameras via NVR, is that done?
- EZVIZ: on the initial wizard I can not find where I can set it up. Also on the homepage of the NVR I can not find it. Could you please point me on the right path?

Anyway I am quite excited to start investigating all the potentialities of this CCTV system. Yesterday night I have tested the video quality on the night, and sometimes the image seems to be not very high quality. It is anyway too early to give comments on the system, I still need to understand how it works.

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Regards
Michele

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I understood that is highly recommended to change the ports of the NRV/cameras. May I do it via NVR? I mean, once changed the ports for cameras via NVR, is that done?
There is no reason to do this for use on your LAN - where do you see this recommendation?
It's more likely to cause confusion, and some users have reported stability problems after doing so.

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you're right, reading better the forum I do not need to change the ports of the cameras, they are on plug and play), but I do need to change the ports HTTP (80), RTSP (554), Server Port (8000).
Is that correct?
I can not find the HTTPS option, neither the EZVIZ option... is that because I am running the firmware 3.0.8? Do you suggest to upgrade it?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The port forwarding facility of your router will, based on how you configure it, translate the external, public access port of your current ISP-assigned internet IP address to the private, internal port of the destination device or service IP address.
Internal and external ports are separate and distinct, they do not have to be the same.
HTTPS on the NVRs appears to be quite a recent addition, somewhere around firmware 3.3.x version I think.
I don't recall when EZVIZ appeared, sorry, it's not something I have explored.
Neither of these show on my NVR with 3.0.8 firmware.
I'm not going to suggest that you upgrade from 3.0.8 as you may start getting into 'language mismatch' problems depending on the origin of your cameras.

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
cameras and NVR are all coming from China... I've found the ENVIZ functionality anyway (it is available just if you connect a monitor to the NVR).

About the firmware upgrade, I would like to understand a changelog between versions... anyone know where I can find it?
Thanks

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, for those of you buying NVRs from China, I noticed on the Chinese HikVision site, it mentions 220V support only. The US site mentions 100-240V. Do you guys need transformers for China market NVRs, or do they work fine with 110V in North America?

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No idea for north america, but no transformers needed for Italy
ciao

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! Would you mind seeing if your NVR says 110-240V on the box or unit for me? :)

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My DS-7608N-E2/8P with 100~240VAC works fine with 110v in US.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine came from China but it is an internation NI model and it is 100 - 240VAC.

I would confirm with the seller that you are going to purchase the NVR from, as there may be differences.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. Does the NI model work well with hacked Chinese cameras?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am currently running 2032F, 2332, and 2132F cameras all which are CH region cameras with 5.2.5 multilingual firmware and there doesn't appear to be any issues.

I had wanted to try the 3xxx series cameras but didn't have a need to buy them over the available 2xxx series.