Hikvision DS-7616N-E2 - Bricked after firmware update

testingNVR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Both my NVRs have died this week. One due to PSU failure and one self inflicted :|. My Hikvision DS-7616N-E2 was running a hacked firmware (which I found out later) and tried to update it to a version I found here. My NVR is now stuck on the boot cycle and beeping roughly 15 times before resetting. I've done a lot of searching on the forums and I've gone through most of the threads related to unbricking a NVR but I'm stuck at the TFTP not being able to find my NVR.

This is what I've done so far

(1) On laptop change the LAN adapter to 192.0.0.128. Disable wireless and firewall. Ensured that the incoming connections for the TFTP server are both open.

(2) Plug both the computer and NVR to a router

(3) Placed the digicap.dav file in the TFTP server folder on my C:\ drive

(4) Open tftpserv.exe and let it run

(5) Turn on the NVR

(5) Used CMD to ping 192.0.0.64. I'm able to establish a connection

The log only shows "TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized". I've also tried to change the LAN address to 192.168.1.128 but does not work.

My previous NVR was running V3.4.80 build 160718 but wanted to update to a newer firmware due to all the concerns regarding the hikvision vulnerabilities.

Is it time to get a TTL to USB cable?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it time to get a TTL to USB cable?
Yes, if the tftp probe isn't working, this will allow recovery, given suitable firmware.
You'll need a couple of items from your favourite on-line store:
Serial TTL to USB convertor. I've found the PL2303HX-based ones work OK 'For Arduino'.
A 4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH wired connector, usually offered in 10-packs.