Hikvision DS-7616NI-E1/8P Password reset help

Elco69

n3wb
Reaction score
As the title says, I need help resetting the password on Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-E1/8P. I created the GUID file when I first set it up, but the GUID reset doesn't work. I tried the SN tool, posted here and that doesn't work or at hillbillyhobbies.com. I tried contacting Hikvision and surprise, surprise they don't respond.

I simply forgot the password. I have it programmed into the iVMS-4500 app and that still sees the cameras.

Not sure where to go from here. This same thing happened to a client about 6 months ago, where one day it worked the next day it didn't, none of the accounts worked, we ended up just buying a whole new NVR as we were wasting more $ on labor than the actual unit, I thought that was just a fluke, but it did it again :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where to go from here.
It's surprising that the GUID import doesn't work. Presumably you didn't use the 'Security Q&A method?
If all else fails, applying the same firmware version that's already on it via the Hikvision tftp updater will set the configuration back to defaults.
What firmware version is on the NVR?

Raghu

n3wb
Reaction score
1.Install SADP software on local PC, then click Forgot password-->export-->select file path.
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
2.send the exported file to support@hikvision.com
3.they revert you with a file, after getting that go on the same path again -- Forgot password-->import-->select the received file-->type the new password what ever you required-->click ok to reset password