HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2 & Imporx (Huisun) v2 Does anyone have them working together?

switchman

n3wb
Reaction score
As the title says, Does anyone have the HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2 & Imporx (Huisun) v2 working together?

I am trying to decide on a NVR. So far I have only purchased this one camera for a special application. I want to record 24/7. I would have the NVR attached to an input on the TV and could switch over to it to monitor as needed. I wish it had a remote that I could use to control the PTZ feature without using a computer or tablet. That is assuming the PTZ control works with the mini PTZ v2. The other features of this NVR are nice and it is a supported device, i.e firmware updates.

While it is more than the ION-NVR-16, its not a huge difference in price. In the back of my mind, I am thinking the Hik may have better overall compatibility if mini PTX is running a version of Hik firmware. Plus there is a good assortment of cameras if I do get more.

Yes I understand they are two separate classes of equipment,

I have also been considering a cheap ION-NVR-16 from Nelly's as the primary use is 24/7 recording. I'm not sure if the PTZ functions would work. It has the primary advantage that it is relatively inexpensive. Also, I may never purchase another camera.

So which would you get.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2 & Imporx (Huisun) v2 Does anyone have them working togethe

As the title says, Does anyone have the HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2 & Imporx (Huisun) v2 working together?
I just tried the Huisun Mini PTZ V2 with a DS-2CD7816N-E2 running the 3.3.4 firmware.
Continuous recording works OK using either the Hikvision or ONVIF model choice.
Motion detection works OK with the Hikvision choice, but not the ONVIF choice.
ONVIF Device Manager does show that the Mini PTZ is issuing motion events.
The Mini PTZ is running this firmware: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12642-Auto-tracking-ptz-ip-camera-and-MINI-PTZ-IP-Camera-Update-file

This is a snapshot from the 7816 Live View of the Mini PTZ.
192.168.1.211_09_20160728105340665.jpg

switchman

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2 & Imporx (Huisun) v2 Does anyone have them working togethe

Well, I have a International English version HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2 on the way. Ordered from Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. Verified with the seller it is the international version. I will of course verify by the serial number once it arrives. That should make applying firmware updates a lot easier.

If the S/N says its a China version, back it goes. That's why I use fulfilled by Amazon and pay the premium.

I will post the results after I receive everything and get it working.

Thanks alastairstevenson, you post is what made me decide to go with the hik.