Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2 I made huge mistake updating firmware to get modern accusense and I lost everything that I need

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2 I made huge mistake updating firmware to get modern accusense and I lost everything that I need.
I updated firmware with the awful NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.72.107_220914 firmware,e which disables basic events, also it disables events
in the WebGUI/all browsers to red mark the Event on the NVR's playback timeline.

Please I need help. Which firmware to try to rollback to save this NVR, I have same DS-7616NI-K2 model with older firmware v3.4.106,build 190702 which works as charm with events, but only support Internet explorer for web browser gui, or ie tab plugin for chrome/opera.
Also it doesn't support vehicle/human accusense detection for regular events, because I have mixed cameras newer/older.
Because of that I wanted to try newer firmware and I broke the NVR.

Please help.

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I see that Hikvision changed everything with the V4.30.005 firmware and they added:

【Support adding motion detection 2.0 IPC】
1)Support IPC with motion detection 2.0 function, the specific model of IPC is DS-
2CD20 (23 / 2T / 26) 2 (4/8) 6G2-I / SL, such as: DS-2CD2026G2-I / SL. The firmware
version of IPC is required to be V5.5.130 and later.
2)Support the local GUI, IE and 4200 to configure the target filtering of human body
and vehicle.
The smart playback interface for local playback and the remote ordinary playback
interface add the option of human body-vehicle filtering. After checking, the human body-
vehicle video information will be marked in red on the progress bar.
Now its clear they completely broke it, I have few motion detection 2.0 IPC like DS-2CD2347G2-L2 and those models doesn't leave any motion or red marks in timeline even with vehicle and human checked.

What to do now?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, folks have posted here before about that model and losing valuable features when updating.

It is why we say don't fix what ain't broke.

Typically new features are not added and if they are, then something is taken away.

They save new features like what you were hoping to achieve in newer NVRs because that is where they make money - selling you a new NVR instead of a free firmware update to add features.

I believe this might be one of the NVRs that cannot accept an older firmware.

@alastairstevenson is our resident Hikvision NVR expert - if anyone has a solution, it would be him, so pinging him to chime in.

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
Somehow I succeeded to flash device with the older firmware its latest v3.4
its NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.112_200604
Of course there is no Mozilla/Chrome or Opera support, there is no accusense support but basic motion works/ timeline green marking directly on the NVR works, and timeline red markings in the browser gui works.

What to do is there hope with the v4xx firmware?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now its clear they completely broke it, I have few motion detection 2.0 IPC like DS-2CD2347G2-L2 and those models doesn't leave any motion or red marks in timeline even with vehicle and human checked.
OK, so I connected up a DS-7608NI-K2/8P with the NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.71.005_220524 firmware to check this out.
I added a DS-2CD2347G2-L2 camera with V5.5.160 build 210108 firmware and set the NVR for continuous recording and the camera for motion detection, line crossing detection, intrusion detection.

Checking out the VGA/HDMI interface, there is a comprehensive set of facilities to show events of any type on the continuous timeline.
Simplest is the 'Normal' playback, which has buttons for Human and / or Vehicle to show in red on the timeline.
Also on the regular playback is the option to show 'Event' on the continuous timeline, this can show motion, intrusion detection or line crossing detection.
For the multiplicity of other event types that a connected camera might support, there is a separate 'Event search' menu which has an extensive list.
All these seemed to work OK, I didn't see any issues.

But you are interested in the NVR web GUI and how it shows events on the continuous playback timeline.
This has always been incomplete in my experience, and does vary over NVR firmware versions.
I've never seen it show intrusion or line crossing events, despite them apparently always being available to select on the swizzler.
But using MS Edge in Internet Explorer mode under Windows 10, red motion marking showed OK, provided the playback is in single camera view and playback is active, as has always been required.

But simple motion detection can provide an overwhelming number of unwanted events.
That's why the 'smart events' were developed.
For over-the-network use, I've found that iVMS-4200 works pretty well as it can query the NVR for various types of events beyond simple motion events.

Attached are some sample screenshots, of a view where there happened to be some paving work going on, so lots of instances of clouds of dust from slabs being cut, and lots and lots of other unwanted motion.
Check out the comparison between the motion events of the timeline in the web GUI, and the display of VCA events in iVMS-4200.
A massive improvement in usefulness.

Edit You'll need to turn off the forum thumbnail view on the attached images to see the timeline, at the bottom of the images.

Attachments

Last edited:

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm I will try to add same firmware NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.71.005_220524 maybe it will work. I'm eager to go to the office at once to try it out.

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.71.005_220524 firmware, but its a same story.
No basic events in webgui. Look at the images uploaded.
Currently I have only ds-2cd1327go-l2 2mp colorvu with firmware v5.7.2 build 211230 which has only basic events and it doesn't work with events at all, beside in IVMS4200 where I get the events alarm.

Maybe you got line crossing detection or some advanced event to show in webgui with newer firmware, but I cant get the basic event.
The moment I return the old firmware I got basic event in webgui.
Also on device directly I don't have basic events marked.
I tried to factory reset NVR with new firmware, I tried to factory reset IPC its same

Maybe someone made custom firmware which enables basic events like it was on old firmware?

Maybe I'm missing some settings I cant belive that they woud screw the basic events.

Attachments

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I tried with the firmware NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.32.116_220112 with the same ds-2cd1327go-l2 2mp colorvu with firmware v5.7.2 build 211230 there is no basic motion in webgui but the first time I got basic motion in device gui here is the image from the device.

Attachments

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
In the last 4 years with Hikvision when I wrote to Hikvision they didn't answer not even one time over 40 emails for different bugs.
Only thing that I got is conformation email and after that silence.
I supose there is no support for Hikvision.

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
do you need to downgrade the firmware? if so, to what version?
No I successfully downgraded to v3. I'm now trying all firmware's from v4 to find one that works from the 4 series with the basic motion in the webgui. Its crazy that they broke v4 firmwares.
I would like to get accusense but cant cope without the basic motion for lower grade cams, nor to miss basic motion from webgui I have mix of hi-grade and lower grade cams.

Webgui has best way and fastest way to locate event, ivMS is CLUNKY slow, very limiting, you cant even go past event, in one word ivMS is all that you dont need the CAM security software to be.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No basic events in webgui. Look at the images uploaded.
You are correct, there is no event marking on the timeline.
And because the 'swizzler' to select the event types is showing, suggests you are using the best browser for this function to work, presumably IE mode in MS Edge?
And nothing on the VGA/HDMI interface either.

But clearly the NVR is making a record of the events provided by the camera, as you can see them all using the event search on iVMS-4200.

And interesting that you can see the motion events on the VGA/HDMI interface when reverting to the NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.32.116_220112 firmware.

It looks like you have explored the problem well, and you have configured the devices properly.
I think what this demonstrates is that with all the many combinations of NVR firmware versions, models, camera firmware versions, models, there are many opportunities for compatibility issues in some of the many possible combinations.
When seeing the sometimes subtle 'fixes' that are mentioned in release notes, it's probably not surprising to hit such problems.
Certainly the NVR4.x firmware had a super-abundance of bugs when it was first released.

You might find that with a different camera, the problem might disappear, or something else might show it's head.

I supose there is no support for Hikvision.
Generally not for the individual end-user.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
write to hikvision technical support

You have to remember that the homeowner isn't the Dahua and Hikvision target audience, it is the professional installers that are authorized to sell and install this gear, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from. Many people have bought a "Hikvision" or Dahua from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer....

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The V4.71.005 build 220524 is buggy, I have seen several NVR now, 32ch 7732 models, which stopped recording for no reason. Not possible to view records, Time is ok, storage is OK.
Besides of that, no audio worning for record exception . Tried building video option, did not work.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had in past very bad experience with AcuSense NVR's from HIK.
They disable "normal" features (from non acusense NVR) to have "CPU" power to support AI analysis (AcuSense) on NVR.
And performance of AI in HIK case (channels & MPx limitations for AI) are very low comparing to Dahua AI NVR..

Here You have biggest repositories of old firmwares:

PS. try disable all AI functions (especially done on NVR) in NVR config... Or simply do default to factory settings and start configuration one more time.. Sometimes this help..

ps. beware which exactly version You have - HIK have generations of the same model, which are signed in the end of the model name in form like (B) or (C)