Hikvision DS-7616NI-SE/P - Updated firmware now Live View doesn't work

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a newbie but technically inclined and hoping to get some suggestions. I cracked opened my NVR today, plugged in a Hikvision camera 2CD2132 (firmware version 5.2), and got a LiveView feed from said camera (from NVR GUI). Being a new NVR, I looked for the latest NVR firmware to update and found the USA firmware on Hikvision.com (I think this was my first mistake). I bought the NVR from eBay but it did display with English when I first got into the web GUI but I forgot to check the firmware version before updating. If I log into the camera itself, I am able to see the live feed. If I try to view it through the NVR GUI, I do not see the live feed after the firmware update.

I'm running:

* Firmware version: V2 3.10 build 141128
* Encoding version: V1.0 build 140701

Camera is plugged into the NVR through one of the PoE ports.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Some questions to maybe help pin down this problem:
Are you using the NVR web interface or the video interface to see LiveView, and do you get the same results from both?
Can you see / change the camera settings OK via either the web interface or video interface? Do the settings pages give a thumbnail of the camera image?
If you are accessing the NVR web interface via a browser - do you get the same results (no LiveView) from another machine?
Have you tried de-installing the Webcomponents plugin and re-installing / enabling it in the browser?
If the camera is plugged in to a POE port - how are you seeing LiveView directly on the camera?
What useful info if any shows in the NVR logs?

Reaction score
dont worry i have the same problem with 2.3.9 and 2..3.10 ,but with firmware 2.38 everything works fine

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
Some questions to maybe help pin down this problem:
Are you using the NVR web interface or the video interface to see LiveView, and do you get the same results from both?
Can you see / change the camera settings OK via either the web interface or video interface? Do the settings pages give a thumbnail of the camera image?
If you are accessing the NVR web interface via a browser - do you get the same results (no LiveView) from another machine?
Have you tried de-installing the Webcomponents plugin and re-installing / enabling it in the browser?
If the camera is plugged in to a POE port - how are you seeing LiveView directly on the camera?
What useful info if any shows in the NVR logs?

Thank you for the reply.

- I was able to see the Live View using the NVR Web GUI prior to updating.
- I have NOT tried the video interface yet
- I can see and change camera settings from the web interface (unsure from the video interface)
- Thumbnails do not provide an image
- I have yet to try a different machine to view the Live View web GUI (excellent point!)
- I have no tried to uninstall the Web Components yet (another good point, since I read some stuff late into the night that some newer web component versions may not work)
- I am able to see the Live View directly from the camera through the Virtual Server address (before I bricked my NVR). It was this address: http://<IP of NVR>:65001
- The NVR was showing some camera disconnect log entries but I will need to dig deeper

Thank you again for the wonderful suggestions, but I will need to figure out how to unbrick my NVR before I can try again.

Reaction score
after NVR update from 2.3.8 on 2.3.9 or 2.3.10 I saw two of my four cameras .i was included directly monitor to vga port and live view just show me only two cameras.All cameras were online, went to settings but no picture.

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread.

Connected via VGA port, I was having the same issue with no visible picture from the GUI.

As someone suggested earlier, I may have to downgrade the firmware to 2.3.8 which is pretty disappointing. Has anyone opened a case with Hikvision regarding about this issue?

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
How did you go with this Max?
Hey, I had to revert back to old firmware in order to get the web and console views to see the cameras. Unfortunate that I could not use the later firmware but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

EDIT:

I did try to open a support case (by email) with Hikvision but they make you jump through a million hoops by asking you to fill out a bunch of info regarding your NVR. I just said screw it and downgraded on my free time. I didn't have time to deal with on the phone because I'm at work when their tech support was operating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hey, I had to revert back to old firmware in order to get the web and console views to see the cameras. Unfortunate that I could not use the later firmware but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

EDIT:

I did try to open a support case (by email) with Hikvision but they make you jump through a million hoops by asking you to fill out a bunch of info regarding your NVR. I just said screw it and downgraded on my free time. I didn't have time to deal with on the phone because I'm at work when their tech support was operating.
Hi is there any answer of this problem ,today i try it with 2.3.11 fw but the same result i have a six cameras from which i saw just 3 . i downgrade again to 2.3.8

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi is there any answer of this problem ,today i try it with 2.3.11 fw but the same result i have a six cameras from which i saw just 3 . i downgrade again to 2.3.8
Don't double post the same question in multiple threads please. I've asked questions in the other thread which will help us diagnose what's wrong.

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
No resolution.

I did not pursue the case with Hikvision. As mentioned earlier, they ask a bunch of question before opening a case. You should go ahead and call Hikvision and let us know if they can fix their software.