Hikvision DS-7716N-E4 deleting camera info

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased this NVR over a year ago and had it setup on my workbench with 9 cameras for a while. I finally got around to installing some of the cameras recently. When I fired up the 7716 it went through the setup wizard again, although it did remember the admin password. Fortunately I had written it down on the manual. :) Is there a backup battery inside the NVR? I assume there is or why is it asking to enter the setup wizard if I re-power the NVR; or is this just standard behaviour?

I currently have two cameras connected and they show up on the viewing screen, but they are both called camera 01. In fact I have a bunch of cameras called camera 01, probably the 9 original cameras. I see 16 cameras on the viewing screen, 14 with No Link and an a yield sign and two with a picture. I can't do anything with the cameras on the camera screen, I can't add as it says there are already 16 cameras and I can't delete the No Link cameras. If I go to a 2x2 view I get 4 No Link cameras. I also can't Live View the two valid cameras,, as it says invalid protocol. How can I make the NVR forget about these No Link Cameras and add back the newly connected cameras if necessary?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a backup battery inside the NVR?
Yes, for the clock, not the configuration.

I assume there is or why is it asking to enter the setup wizard if I re-power the NVR; or is this just standard behaviour?
There is a tickbox in the wizard to enable at each startup or not as required.

they are both called camera 01. In fact I have a bunch of cameras called camera 01, probably the 9 original cameras.
Change the camera names in the NVR web GUI

OSD settings :
upload_2019-8-3_10-46-56.png

How can I make the NVR forget about these No Link Cameras and add back the newly connected cameras if necessary?
Use Camera Configuration in the NVR web GUI to set the correct IP address, protocol and password for the cameras such that they connect.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I read about this in another post where someone had moved all of his cameras to a POE switch and suffered the same fate as me. I believe he had to use SADP to find the camera's internal IP and then use 'Manual' in the camera configuration screen to match the NVR IP to the correct camera IP? Is there no way to view the camera's internal IP in the GUI?

If I just move the camera to the correct port on the NVR will it connect automatically, as I assume the IPs are still correct, they are just not in the correct order anymore?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that the cameras are no longer on their original ports?
Maybe that's the cause of the problem.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I unplugged my test cameras to move them to the real world, not realizing that they remembered where home was. I just assumed that since they were 'Plug and Play' the NVR would reassign them. Silly me. I did not want to go to all the trouble of running Cat6 through the house if my original setup had issues, so I thought I was saving myself some effort.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, my issue was actually related to my Recording settings. Changing them to 1080p has it working for now, although I have much more to investigate.

I can actually see my cameras in the browser, once i figured out where to put the encryption password. Only one camera was showing up on my phone and it stopped working in the afternoon. I really have to rename the cameras, so it's a bit easier to figure out which one I'm trying to connect.

I also don't think it's recording motion, although I have the flag set to record motion. I also need to figure out how to record/transfer recordings to the cloud. The server is currently set to China, so that can't be a good thing for lag.