Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP NVR and DS-2CD2132-I 3MP 2.8mm cameras please assist !

miamimd1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, been a lurker here for quite a while and enjoy all your informative and enlightening posts on the boards here. I recently installed my second Hikvision IP camera DVR system for a client and im having issues getting the DS-2CD2132-I 3MP 2.8mm cameras to connect. None of the 16 cameras appear connected and the manual is very rudimentary. I hope that this post will help some in the future as it appears this is nothing new. My previous Hikvision camera and NVR system was installed and worked with no issues. I have a total of 16 DS-2CD2132-I 3MP cameras with a DS-7716NI-SP 16 port. None of the cameras show a connected status, i thought these were "plug and play". I attempted to perform a factory reset 2 times on the DVR to no avail. I also checked the POE menu and all cameras appear functional (blue check) consuming about 3 watts. The cameras appear to be actual Hikvision branded per the box and logo on the cameras. These are already wired and set in a large office environment. I'm considering adding the cameras manually by assigning appropriate IPs to each, subnets and gateways but i don't have a small POE adapter to wire a spare router to do so. I would really appreciate your input.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm considering adding the cameras manually by assigning appropriate IPs to each, subnets and gateways but i don't have a small POE adapter to wire a spare router to do so.
That would be a logical next step.
And set the NVR PoE ports to manual as well.
Assuming the NVR PoE interface address is the default 192.168.254.1 -
You can avoid needing a spare router if you set the laptop IP address to one on the PoE segment, say 192.168.254.100, and plug the laptop into one of the PoE ports.
Then SADP and the browser will see all the cameras and you can configure them accordingly, matching their IP addresses to the IP addresses of the PoE ports they are connected to.
And you should be able to reach the NVR web GUI on 192.168.254.1

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are using a western region NVR upgrade to firmware version 3.4.4. I too have a 7716 and had the same problem with (4) 2132 I was installing. The NVR saw 3 of them and (8) 2332. Upgraded the firmware and all was good with the last 2132.

miamimd1

n3wb
Reaction score
I really appreciate your input guys, ill try both today. I visited the Hikvision website but i cant find the firmware for the DVR. Any links or alternate sources?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just noticed my typo. I put firmware version 3.4.4, it should have been 3.3.4. I now see they have 3.3.5 out.

Go to -->
overseas.hikvision.com
support
downloads
firmware
look for DS-90xx,96xx-77xx-SP_USA_firmware_3.3.5

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I visited the Hikvision website but i cant find the firmware for the DVR. Any links or alternate sources?
None of the 16 cameras appear connected
I'd strongly suggest that you add the cameras manually first, there is a pretty good chance that will work out OK.
Updating the firmware does come with some risks.

miamimd1

n3wb
Reaction score
I performed a firmware update with the cameras connected to the NVR. Updated to firmware 3.3.5 and all cameras showed a connected status and worked. Later in the day i performed a factory reset of the NVR and now none of the cameras show up. Amazing how unstable this setup is, i plugged in a laptop with the built in nic card configured for static ip matching the NVR factory range 192.168.254.118 , 255.2555.255.0, gateway 192.168.254.1 and every time i hook up to the POE ports with the laptop the local network goes down (NVR Switch 192.168.254.0... range). I did this in an attempt to configure each camera manually via their web interface. So much for plug and play, i noticed that the NVR attempts to assign each IP camera the same password as the one given to the NVR. However there appears to be a failure in updating the password for the cameras if changed on the NVR.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What the factory reset if all was working?
To manually configure each camera, you need to enable virtual host. I am not at my computer now and I don't remember exactly where this function is, but you access it using the NVR web interface. While still in the NVR web interface, under camera management, you can click of the web address on the right side of the screen for each camera to access the cameras individually.

miamimd1

n3wb
Reaction score
I performed a factory reset because the NVR was not responsive. I did fix the problem and wanted to post my findings here to help anyone who happens to stumble onto this issue.The Hikvision NVR require the latest firmware for proper functionality. Also if one sets a password for the NVR the NVR will assign said password to each individual camera. If one resets the DVR to factory, changes the internal IP range from say 192.168.254.0-192.168.1.1, or modifies the DVR password the cameras will not update (at times)with these new settings.One has to manually login to each camera with the old IP range and old password prior to the change applied to the NVR. I proceed to log into the cameras via a laptop connected to the switch ports on the back of the NVR with the proper IP range. I installed Angry IP scanner and used this to view all the IPs on that range. After manually logging in with the old password and assigning the new password to the IP camera to match the NVR reboot the camera in maintenance menu. Everything should work fine after reboot and the NVR should display a connected status for the cameras. Thank you all for your help.