HIKvision DS-7732N-E4/16P admin password "now not working"

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I spoke too soon was doing some bandwidth tests and the HIKvision DS-7732N-E4/16P 32 ch DVR is now refusing my admin password.
all the other logins are only operator forgot to add another admin like I normally do Doh...

This is a shinny new one just out of the box today I changed the password on boot-up like it asked... all good it seemed then I spent hours
doing the config. After a reboot it wont accept my admin password this is one I use all the time for new DVR`s so there were no typos
I even tried all uppercase. abc12345 123456789abc etc no luck maybe my password was not complex enough and it bombed out to some default ?

Tried the clicking on the bottom left login screen to get the recovery up and tried the password encoder page with the serial and date did not work [I think new DVR`s have been "adjusted" to stop this]
I tried the new version3 of SADP and yep it wants me to send HIK a file -this is an Ebay DVR so wont have any luck there talking to the sellers.
Emailled hik and NO response of course.

My only thoughts are new firmware, but the seller says dont do it ! as its a Chineese version flashed by them to ENGWISH !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My only thoughts are new firmware, but the seller says dont do it
If you can convince the seller to send you a copy of the firmware that's on it - the tftp updater clears the configuration so you'd be back to the as-supplied state.
As an off-the-wall suggestion - in case your password has some special characters that are causing problems - maybe the firmware that's on it is based on an older version that still supports ONVIF.
Does the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' (sourceforge.net) see the NVR?
If the login would work via ONVIF, there is a reset back to defaults available.

*edit* Also - if you can do an HTTP PUT - maybe this would prompt for a login that would work (on the basis that you do know what password was set) : /ISAPI/System/factoryReset

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update, HIKusa got back to me with a bunch of codes for the next week Kudos to them I thought that was the last I would hear from them.
They gave me a warning about grey imports maybe the "protected" local dealers need to stop charging four times the price for this DVR !

I can now login !