Hikvision DS-8139 from eBay. Diving in to the hardware.

Bradnvr

n3wb
Reaction score
HikVision is sold OEM to many companies. Many companies white-label HikVision using their logo and support. They change the Serial and are given customized firmware that will only be used on the hardware that they have white-labeled. For instance, I have an ALIBI system made by SuperCircuits or Security Cameras Direct. This company is one of many USA companies that resell HikVision. Some other HikVision hardware is sold by the following companies under different brand names:
Hikvision OEM Directory
Code:
2M CCTV
3xLogic
ABUS
ADJ
Advidia (Video Insight / Panasonic brand)
Alibi (Supercircuits)
Allnet
Ameta
Anaveo
Annke
Arcdyn
Armix
AVS Uriel
Avue
Burnstech
Cantek
CCTVStar
Derytech
DMP
DSS
Dunlop
DVR Unlimited
Elisa Live
Epcom
Global Network Security
Grundig
GVS Security
HES Supply
Hills
Hinovision
Hitosino
Honeywell
Hunt CCTV
Infinite Pixels
Inkovideo
Innekt
Interlogix (UTC)
Invidtech
JFL
Jlinks
KT&C
LaView
LTS
Matrix Security Solutions
MicroView
Nelly's Security
Negaco / Raster (Blue Line)
Norelco SafeCam / Spider Vue / Invezia
Northern (Tri-Ed)
Novicam
Oco
Oculur
Onix
People Fu
Pnet
Power Technology
Raster
Safire
Scati
Security Camera Warehouse
SecurityTronix
Sentry CCTV
Siqura / TKH
SnapAV / Wirepath
Swann
Syscom
Techpro
Trendnet
Vantage Security
W Box (ADI)
Winic
Xyclop
Zicom

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Theres a guy on youtube, he uses only hikvision stuff for home security on his house
He also started a facebook page for the same thing to help other people using hikvision.
He was in the news thats how i found him, he catches scumbags all the time in the park across the street with a ptz he has mounted light pole on his property.
Caught On My CCTV Cameras

Bradnvr

n3wb
Reaction score
Theres a guy on youtube, he uses only hikvision stuff for home security on his house
He also started a facebook page for the same thing to help other people using hikvision.
He was in the news thats how i found him, he catches scumbags all the time in the park across the street with a ptz he has mounted light pole on his property.
Caught On My CCTV Cameras
This is a fascinating channel. Thanks

Bradnvr

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to convert my white-labeled NVR from it's custom firmware to HIKVISION's original firmware. Using the 9-pin RS232 connection, I had to delete all partitions and then use TFTP to allow the HIKVISION firmware to rebuild it.
Then once the firmware was loaded, I had to change the default IP of my White-labeled IP cameras (192.168.3.x) to the default IP of HIKVISION (192.168.254.x) and I also had to change the default camera password (1111) to the default HIKVISION camera password (12345). Then, the cameras worked on the POE ports from the NVR. I also have 2 remote cameras that are not auto-configured, they worked immediately. I configured the POE cameras using the configuration tool that is downloaded from the manufacturers website.

This also fixed my strange hard-drive problem where it appeared that they were failing. Hikvision's firmware is more up-to-date than the white-labeled firmware.

Notice that the serial number still contains the "ALI-" from the white labeled manufacturer.

I'm sure this voids warranties, and all kinds of things. I'm not concerned, i bought it for $100 on eBay and the experience I learned from downgrading and upgrading has given me the confidence to support it myself.

The ALI-NVR5016P is the DS-7716NI-SP/16

From this custom firmware:
gui.PNG

To this firmware:
hik-ali.PNG

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's impressive!
And such a good result.
Presumably you were sweating a bit waiting for the endpoint.

Bradnvr

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah! sweating bullets.

Sorry for the long time response...
This is what I got:
image.PNG