Hikvision DS-96128N-I16 English Language FW

psnsfrg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I am working in China and we just updated our CCTV system. We have a Hikvision NVR DS-96128N-I16 which is obviously the Chinese model, thus only has Chinese language.

I would like to use English language FW for myself and other foreign employees who are unable to read Chinese. I have downloaded multi language firmware from the european Hikvision site.

I found this method to modify the firmware to make it compatible. Has anyone tried flashing modified FW to this NVR model? Am I likely to have any issues? If there are problems with the NVR after flashing will it be recoverable? Or am I best just leaving it as it is?

Also, the Multi-language firmware is an earlier version than the Chinese version (v1.10 171107 (ML) vs 1.11 171204 (CN)). Will this cause any issues with the update?

Attached image of hiktools output
iHeadTotalLen is 460, and not divisible by 108, but the other values are within the "normal" range described here, is this normal?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this method to modify the firmware to make it compatible.
The 'lang' option of this tool changes the language of the header of the firmware, but does not change the internal language of the firmware itself.
The stock ML (multi-language) firmware for the -NI (ie 'International') version of the NVR can be downloaded from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
But - if you were to try installing that, the NVR would suffer from a bootloop amidst complaints that it is a China region NVR on which ML firmware has been installed.
Even if you were to install 'hacked to English' modified firmware, it's likely that the NVR would then start complaining about a 'language mismatch' if the cameras it was connected to were China region cameras.

Sorry to provide such a negative response - but this is the way that Hikvision have designed these products with a region-centric aspect.

psnsfrg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I already downloaded the firmware but did not try to flash it.
If I did flash the 'hacked to English' firmware it still wouldn't work due to camera language? What is the process to recover in this case?

How about if the cameras are also flashed to English? Might be a problem as the model seems to be China only (selected by colleague, I couldn't find a similar model on English websites) but if this could work I can look into it.

psnsfrg

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have original chinese firmware for your device?
Yes I have Chinese firmware. I gave up on being able to change the language of the NVR but also managed to change the Chinese version of IVMS to English language.
Now my Chinese has significantly improved and I'm able to read a little and use the NVR without many problems and have the English IVMS to use when I encounter any.

Reaction score
Hi
I am working in China and we just updated our CCTV system. We have a Hikvision NVR DS-8608N-I8 which is obviously the Chinese model, thus only has Chinese language.

I would like to use English language FW for myself and other foreign employees who are unable to read Chinese. I have downloaded multi language firmware from the european Hikvision site.

I found this method to modify the firmware to make it compatible. Has anyone tried flashing modified FW to this NVR model? Am I likely to have any issues? If there are problems with the NVR after flashing will it be recoverable? Or am I best just leaving it as it is?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this method to modify the firmware to make it compatible
That tool will not modify the firmware to make it compatible.
All it can do, by itself, is to change the language value in the header of the firmware. That does not change the contents of the firmware.

The language / region of the NVR is set within the 'bootpara' (the device signature block) data of the NVR itself.
If it is a China region NVR it will be bricked by installing EN/ML firmware.

One solution might be to replace the NVR with an EN/ML version.
But then you'd have the problem where it would reject any Chinese Hikvision cameras that are connected to it.

Reaction score
That tool will not modify the firmware to make it compatible.
All it can do, by itself, is to change the language value in the header of the firmware. That does not change the contents of the firmware.

The language / region of the NVR is set within the 'bootpara' (the device signature block) data of the NVR itself.
If it is a China region NVR it will be bricked by installing EN/ML firmware.

One solution might be to replace the NVR with an EN/ML version.
But then you'd have the problem where it would reject any Chinese Hikvision cameras that are connected to it.
[/ALINTI]

29/5000

can you help me?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "iTuneDVR, gönderi: 401747, üye: 1150"]
Lütfen tekrar paylaşın

Lütfen senin aldatma için saf Çin firmware paylaşın
[/ALINTI]
V3.3.9build 151228

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
enlgish nvr will not work with chinese camera. if you really need english nvr, cameras must in english.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
enlgish nvr will not work with chinese camera. if you really need english nvr, cameras must in english.
No any problem with it for pure chinese nvr "old" model
For ex. DS-7832N-K2 with NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.104_190128 can be, all prev too & many others corrected firmware ;)

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "iTuneDVR, gönderi: 401815, üye: 1150"]
* decive - cihaz ;)
Dosyayı buraya koy veya dosya paylaşımına bağla
[/ALINTI]
Kaydediciden bellenimi nasıl alabilirim