Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Dreamliner

thanks for your reply. i dont have this system.
the DS-KH8350-WTE1 and DS-KH6350-WTE1 has alarm inputs/outputs and relays outputs.

some systems (not dahua/hik) have a documented option to connect a chime and its on the alarm output, but i havent found any information in the hik / dahua docs ... i have no idea if its possible to trigger the alarm output with a call ?
I have on my indoor panel, the option "calling linkage" the relay will trigger when you press the doorbell button... I can define 2 output relays for it, and also specify the seconds...

I have a 93xx serie as indoor panel

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoFate

Thanks for your reply.
It sounds like the needed function. Great !

One last question:
Do you know if its possible to turn off the ringtone volume completely on the monitor ? I am planning to just use an external chime... in all videos i have seen the ringtones seems really annoying.
And.,. do you know what happen if the ring button on the outdoor station is pressed again ? Is the "old" call ended (if active) and a new one is made ?

The HIK system looks lot better than the dahua in my opinion. Really sad, because i am planning to use a dahua camera system ... need for 2 apps :(
i really hate the overloaded screen on dahua system with their alarm system functions ... and that it seems to impossible to change the ringtones etc.

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, ringtone is indeed frustating, you can always upload your own ringtone or set volume to minimum?
pressing again, doesnt end the ringtone, you need to wait al least 30 seconds, before you can press again, i though 30 seconds was minimum ringtone setting

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoFate thanks for your help... ;)

I am not sure why all these video intercoms make so many sounds for everything. i know that in india they like all these kind of crap, but in europe and usa ? i dont think someone like this.

Maybe the "call linkage" is triggered again by pressing the button because its part of the "alarm system". would be helpful to have another chime if someone press again ... like a traditional doorbell.

hikvision and dahua seems the only systems which dont use external sip-server located in china (in standard config). many systems has really bad reviews on playstore/appstore because the call forwarding on mobile phone does not work reliable. maybe something to do with all these chinese sip-servers ...

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i can try later, i have an ESP board hooked up to my indoor panel for calling linkage, allthough i dont think it triggers again if the call was not ended yet

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, i checked
pressed the doorbell button => output relay is triggerd
pressed again after about 5 seconds => call is ended, but output relay is NOT triggered
pressed again => output relay is trigged

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoFate

Thanks for testing. Do i understand correct ? Pressing again ENDS the call ? :eek: ,,, Or did you set the ringtone-time to under 5 sec ?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It ends the call, mine is setup to 30, it's not possible todo less...

Maybe you can intercept with ISAPI, not sure, I have some other ISAPI calls for opening door and stuff like that...

Custom firmware for 8003 is coming this month, to have more ISAPI functions

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoFate

Sad that the usability is that bad. Pressing again is really common for parcel drivers.
Have read some comments where people complain about the "calling feedback tone" of the outdoor station. Now the feedback makes sense to prevent pressing again.

But 30 seconds minimum ringtone... this is to much ! Just think about prank calls in the night. Even 10 seconds would be really annoying.
In some videos on youtube i have seen that the ringtone is off , so only option seems external chime which chimes only once and never again. If you miss it.......... :banghead:o_O:facepalm:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, i got used to it :)
the 8003 is indeed strange, but wait untill you use HikConnect , the app, its even worse
you cant even use a custom ringtone, you cant configure it to vibrate ... so when someone pressed the doorbell, the hikconnect comes up untill someone answers the phone, or if you pickup, with a speficic hikconnect ringtone sound

the only road if you want to customze stuff , is setup your own sip server, i tested it succesfull with FreePBX
allthough i stopped using it, the one thing i was not able to setup is the early video, i only had video AFTER i picked up, not before, so no way to tell who is at the door
maybe its possibe, but i was not able to find it... but i am no SIP expert either :)

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but really like the Hikvision, its looks cool, keypad/mifare reader is nice, the indoor panel looks great
and its cheap

there is a new indoor panel coming end of this year, one that is able to add custom .apk files, nice for an indoor panel

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@NoFate

what is the model number of the new panel ?
According to this video , it is possible to add apk to the 9310 and 9510 ??
I have 9510 and 9310, those are advertised for installing apk, but the hardware is limited and runs on Android 5, so useless, no app is working on it... They are going to be replaced with new revision, better hardware and newer android os, by september-november...

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoFate

Do you know if the model DS-KV8413-WME1 is in function the same as the KD8003 series ? I maybe planning to use the mifare cardreader,.. with 3 modules the outdoor-modular-station is really big. yes it looks better, but it maybe is a bit oversized for my door. price should be around the same with all modules...

or maybe an external mifare-reader with built-in relais ...

size.PNG

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no idea :) i have the 8003 with keypad and mifare, for me the keypad was more necessary then the mifare

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
Can the unlock button on the DS-KH8350 indoor stations be configured to unlock the door relay on the KD8003 without bringing up the live view of the door station, or someone having pushed the call button (i.e. have the unlock button work as an exit button for the door)?
20210620_145058.jpg
Sometimes when we know someone is coming to the front gate we just want to unlock it without having to through multiple screens on the indoor station.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can the unlock button on the DS-KH8350 indoor stations be configured to unlock the door relay on the KD8003 without bringing up the live view of the door station, or someone having pushed the call button (i.e. have the unlock button work as an exit button for the door)?
View attachment 92963
Sometimes when we know someone is coming to the front gate we just want to unlock it without having to through multiple screens on the indoor station.
I don't think so, you need to initiate a live view with the camera (sip) then open a door
On a 93xx series, it should be possible, you could make an .apk file with a function to open a door

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think so, you need to initiate a live view with the camera (sip) then open a door
That's a shame, seems like a logical feature to have. Is the button configurable to the relay on the 8350? I have a spare pair of cables between the door station and indoor monitor to patch it into the exit pins on the 8003. I don't really want to add another item on the wall as it's already quite congested with the monitor, light switch and alarm keypad.

raslittle

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, i search Http url to get snapshot from DS-KD8003 like video stream. could you help me please

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Dreamliner

thanks for your reply. i dont have this system.
the DS-KH8350-WTE1 and DS-KH6350-WTE1 has alarm inputs/outputs and relays outputs.

some systems (not dahua/hik) have a documented option to connect a chime and its on the alarm output, but i havent found any information in the hik / dahua docs ... i have no idea if its possible to trigger the alarm output with a call ?
On HIK indoor station you can link alarm output to incoming call. It's under section " Call linkage method".

1624256270651.png

1624256287313.png