Hikvision DS2CD2347G1-LU ColorVU not working in newest BI version

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On 5.3.0.2 x64 right now and this camera comes up with "no signal". If I downgrade back to 5.2.7.12 it works fine.
I've tried onvif and re-importing the saved cam reg file but cannot get it working with 5.3.0.2 at all. I've even tried a couple recent updates, no go.
Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On 5.3.0.2 x64 right now and this camera comes up with "no signal". If I downgrade back to 5.2.7.12 it works fine.
I've tried onvif and re-importing the saved cam reg file but cannot get it working with 5.3.0.2 at all. I've even tried a couple recent updates, no go.
Any suggestions?
Email support and wait.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Email support and wait.
I was planning on that but didn't want to bother Ken if someone else had a similar experience/issue. In fact two of my cameras, the one mentioned and another, won't come up under the now current version of BI. I've tried basic troubleshooting (re-importing reg files, onvif search/setup, etc.). Guess I'll send Ken a note.
Thanks fenderman

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one of these cameras on the way. Very interested in the resolution on this thread.

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am on a newer version 5.3.1.0 and can confirm my Colorvu camera is working fine.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oddly enough mine started working... will try to figure out what the details are in why it wasn't working before.

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can also confirm mine is working on the latest software version.

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any tips on settings for optimal low light performance? I have been impressed so far. Curious if others are using supplemental LED lighting or not. I opted to turn the LED off in favor of ambient lighting.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I turned off the supplemental LED lighting, too bright and annoying and obvious to someone who I'd not want the camera to be obvious for. I have a street lamp across the yard that puts out enough light to give me full color at night. I just had to tweak the wdr and some other settings to get the shadows lighter and overall scene a bit lighter. So far, I'm very pleased.

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are you using for encoding? So far I have run mine on h.264+ and highest video quality and cpu use hasn't been too bad.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using H.265 and Higher video quality. Seems to work well for me. BI CPU usage has been good on this, no better or worse than any other cam I have connected.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple of those cams and they work fine on BI 5.3.0.3, for the main stream at least. I have yet to find the URL that works for the 2nd or 3rd streams, but i guess not so critical for a 4MP cam...