Hikvision Email Setup Fail?

Reaction score
Hej alsstairstevenson

Have not try to ping the following adresses, maybe i need a bit more explaning in have to do it. Telnet im not sure about the meaning of and have to do it.

If i like normaly ping gmail.com no lost, and speed said max 33ms.
If i am pinging mail.live.com 0% lost and speed max 60ms.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to try the ping command on a command line of the NVR, to find out if it is resolving the name correctly into an IP address, and if it is able to connect OK to the internet.
Telnet on the NVR may not be enabled - it is usually a tickbox in the 'Network | Advanced settings' web GUI menu.
Then with any telnet client, for example PuTTY, or Windows telnet if you have activated it, connect to the NVR IP address and log in with username=root, password=whatever you have set for admin
and try the ping commands. Stop them with a Control-C

Reaction score

Hej alastairstevenson
Im trying hard to be more smart for configuration of networks but now i got a new problem, like you can see on the picture it succeded for me to activate telnet and almost login, but maybe it sound strange, when im trying to login and is so far to press the password i cannot write anything?
Sincerly Kristoffer

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
username=root, password=whatever you have set for admin
And by the way - it's not a good idea to expose your NVR directly to the internet without additional protection - it's not a hardened security device.
Remember this is a public website - may be best to delete the image above.

Reaction score
Hey alastair....
Have now connect to my nvr through telnet. And when i ping smp.live.com no reply but whit smtp.gmail.com all is just fine :) That's way i tryit to setp my Google account instead but still got problems whit sending test email. Maybe i got som problems whit m Networks configurations? The text said Failed t send tes email, please check te parametersor Network status :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so you have proved that the network is working correctly, resolving names and pinging OK. (smtp.live.com by the way). That's good.

As @colmcille said - for gmail you will need to create an 'app password' for it to work from a different device from your usual:
Hmm, I don't have a Hikvision NVR, but when I was playing with gmail sending on my cameras and server recently I had to create App Passwords for each camera/device individually. i.e, Google - Account Settings - Signing In - App Passwords...then generate an individual password for each camera/box in there. My gmail password on it's own would not work, only the individually generated one for each device. Gmail failed silently until I worked this out.

Last edited by a moderator: