Hikvision (Ezviz) camera issue

chrisexv6

n3wb
Reaction score
Have the 6 IP bullet camera and NVR EZViz setup from Sams Club. Installed first camera just fine, a week later still running rock solid....can live view as long as I want (in mobile and desktop app), no problem going back to review clips, etc.

Second camera installed over the weekend. Connectivity is up and down at best. It worked great overnight last night, but after about 8AM this morning I can no longer connect to live view OR play previous clips. In the mobile app Im getting "Video play failed, error code 260015", in the desktop app I get "No received stream or decode failed". These errors had also occurred on initial install (yesterday afternoon) but eventually subsided and the thing worked great for 12 hours or so. Once this error occurs, Ill never see the cam on the network again without much finagling. Rebooting, reconnecting, etc. Obviously not supposed to work like this, since the first camera installed is STILL working as expected, live view and clips.

The infrastructure wiring has been checked with a Fluke cable analyzer and has passed several times. All patch cables involved have had the same test and also passed. My internal network is completely gigabit, NVR connects at gigabit, full duplex. Cant tell what the cameras connect at (is there a way?) Ive also tried swapping out the camera with another one from the pack and still had the same issue.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Chris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have the 6 IP bullet camera and NVR EZViz setup from Sams Club. Installed first camera just fine, a week later still running rock solid....can live view as long as I want (in mobile and desktop app), no problem going back to review clips, etc.

Second camera installed over the weekend. Connectivity is up and down at best. It worked great overnight last night, but after about 8AM this morning I can no longer connect to live view OR play previous clips. In the mobile app Im getting "Video play failed, error code 260015", in the desktop app I get "No received stream or decode failed". These errors had also occurred on initial install (yesterday afternoon) but eventually subsided and the thing worked great for 12 hours or so. Once this error occurs, Ill never see the cam on the network again without much finagling. Rebooting, reconnecting, etc. Obviously not supposed to work like this, since the first camera installed is STILL working as expected, live view and clips.

The infrastructure wiring has been checked with a Fluke cable analyzer and has passed several times. All patch cables involved have had the same test and also passed. My internal network is completely gigabit, NVR connects at gigabit, full duplex. Cant tell what the cameras connect at (is there a way?) Ive also tried swapping out the camera with another one from the pack and still had the same issue.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Chris
did you wire both ends 568B? take it down and test with a short patch cable....test another port...

chrisexv6

n3wb
Reaction score
Both ends are wired B (the tester would yell at me if I borked that and Ive verified myself). I swapped the port the camera was plugged into with the port of the camera that was always working fine and still had the issue so it seems to rule out the port. This is actually the second camera in the same location that has shown this issue....so it could be a cabling thing but I didnt think so because the cable has passed testing 3 times, including the patch cable from panel to back of NVR.

But....I did a little messing around with NVR settings last night and noticed that if I set the main stream to 1080p on either of the cameras (with the other camera at the default of full res), it becomes usable. The substream settings dont seem to affect it as much....so when I view on mobile it works OK now that I changed the main stream of camera 2. Almost like something (assuming my network and/or internet connection) cant handle the full stream of 2 4MP cameras, even though all speed testing I do says otherwise.

I think part of the issue on mobile is/was the fact that it is going to instant playback and it seems to try to play back at full res. My mobile connection isnt always the greatest, so it is slow to load the clips and eventually throws an error. If I somehow manage to get it into Live View, it seems to work OK now. Ill have to work on seeing if there are any internal network issues...there isnt much to go on (would be nice if the error codes had messages!) but Ill battle through somehow.

Thanks for the reply.

-Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi there. I just recently got a dvr removed from an ezviz account for a customer who forgot there log in details, i then went to there house and using ezviz on my laptop I set them up a new account and added the device on it while hooked into their local network. I was able to view the cameras and save cover sheets and also relabel the cameras. I thought all was done untill later on the customer contacted me saying the video will not play on his phone. I then logged into the ezviz account from my house and eventhough I can see the camera information I also get the message {FAILED TO PLAY THE VIDEO} when I try to watch any. Now all this worked fine before so I cant understand what is wrong. I did ask the customer to reboot the DVR but this still made no difference. Anyone have any ideas?

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there. I just recently got a dvr removed from an ezviz account for a customer who forgot there log in details, i then went to there house and using ezviz on my laptop I set them up a new account and added the device on it while hooked into their local network. I was able to view the cameras and save cover sheets and also relabel the cameras. I thought all was done untill later on the customer contacted me saying the video will not play on his phone. I then logged into the ezviz account from my house and eventhough I can see the camera information I also get the message {FAILED TO PLAY THE VIDEO} when I try to watch any. Now all this worked fine before so I cant understand what is wrong. I did ask the customer to reboot the DVR but this still made no difference. Anyone have any ideas?
Has he just not turned off remote access on his router? Does it work inside the house when he is WiFi to his network from the phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just got it going for him. Originally i was able to view while on his local network but when I returned it was not possible. So I deactivated the hik cloud server on the unit and did a dvr reboot along with the internet hub then re activated the hik cloud again and all seemed to work fine. I even checked it on the mobile network and it seems to be working. I guess it could have been a glitch with the internet hub where the reboot sorted it out.
Thanks for your reply anyway.