Hikvision Foggy as ***

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Should be glued-on surrounding the camera lens, not something that comes off unless intentionally someone picks at it to take it off (or maybe factory forgot it...)

Reaction score
Ok. I have bad ir glare, so do I need to add another foam ring, or if the foam is in there, pull it out so it gets as close to the inside of the dome as possible??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. I have bad ir glare, so do I need to add another foam ring, or if the foam is in there, pull it out so it gets as close to the inside of the dome as possible??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may not be the ring at all...are you certain none of the other causes mentioned in the pdf are causing your issues?

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem and have decided to buy some external IR lights so I can turn the internal IR light off. I have white blurry lines from top to bottom. When the PDF says about making sure that the foam ring is pressed on to the glass. How is this done when the glass is fixed and the foam is also fixed to the camera. Can the full thing be pushed closer to the glass?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
The left picture does not seem to have the fog anymore, but the image needs to be cleaned up. You need to log into the camera directly and set the noise reduction to 100 percent. Make sure WDR is either off or set to below 10.
You got to be careful setting DNR to 100% fm, you can get massive blur from moving images at night, looks like the location for these cams in this thread are fairly remote, so movement at night is not easily set up, be a right sod if video is needed of someone moving and all that is recorded is a blur, i have found DNR works fine up to 50% at night, anymore than that video is just blur on movement

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You got to be careful setting DNR to 100% fm, you can get massive blur from moving images at night, looks like the location for these cams in this thread are fairly remote, so movement at night is not easily set up, be a right sod if video is needed of someone moving and all that is recorded is a blur, i have found DNR works fine up to 50% at night, anymore than that video is just blur on movement
You are correct, this is true with newer firmware/hik cams...i have had no issues with old firmware and setting the noise reduction to 100 percent...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
on some dahua's they seperate em out, 2DNR and 3DNR.. the 2D you can usually run at max; the 3DNR causes shit load of blur.. some of the newer cams seem to only have a combined setting or already run 2DNR @ max and just expose the 3D one.

3DNR @ Max really makes for a nice looking still image; but thats about it.. I rarely run it very high, seems to also screw with real WDR in the daytime too.. gives moving objects a halo of sorts

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
yeah i tried to run 100% today just to see if somehow it had fixed itself but no, on a Turret 2CD-2342WD running 5.3.6 high DNR even during the day is blurr city so i use 51%

If you switch it off at night the added noise from an IR image just freezes the image up due to the sudden addition of many many grainy bits

It is useful but really only to keep the image playback smooth from a remote location, at least thats my findings

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My cameras are clearly (lol) sufferring from foam displacement. how do people rectify this? obviously get up there and give everything a good clean, but the foam, do I pull at it to ensure contact with the dome? has anyone gone about installing additional foam if the old ring has compressed and lost it's expansion?

Yeah I think I'll try something like this: Hikvision Dome IR bleed help A Fix that worked for me

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
My cameras are clearly (lol) sufferring from foam displacement. how do people rectify this?
http://www.hikvision.ca/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/99361bb6-27d5-482a-aaf3-2cdc32f835d1.pdf

I've never had a camera where the foam has "broken down" or needed replaced. The only time I've noticed this is when the camera dome is not seeded back correctly. The only way I would believe the foam has broken down or compressed is if you are constently screwing with the camera taking the dome off and on off and on.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The only way I would believe the foam has broken down or compressed is if you are constently screwing with the camera taking the dome off and on off and on.
I've 'set and forget' my cameras since installation in April 2014. Over time the IR got progressively cloudier (high wind, driving rain) until at some point, probably a year ago, I disabled it entirely and intended on buying external IR. As so happens, this plan was forgotten until recent criminal activity spruiked my interest again.

There was no constant tampering, just years worth of micro vibrations from gusts of wind and today you can laugh with me at the obvious internal IR bleed my cameras have;

Cam1_no_IR.jpg Cam1_IR.jpg
Cam2_no_IR.jpg Cam2_IR.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've 'set and forget' my cameras since installation in April 2014. Over time the IR got progressively cloudier (high wind, driving rain) until at some point, probably a year ago, I disabled it entirely and intended on buying external IR. As so happens, this plan was forgotten until recent criminal activity spruiked my interest again.

There was no constant tampering, just years worth of micro vibrations from gusts of wind and today you can laugh with me at the obvious internal IR bleed my cameras have;

View attachment 16257 View attachment 16256
View attachment 16259 View attachment 16258
have you actually tried cleaning the cover?

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to ease my neighbours into it. I think they all thought I was perverted when my 4 domes went up. Now that we've had two theft incidents recently (by we I mean my estate) I think they will be happy for me to throw up a 30cm bullet. I'm looking at the new low-light hiks.