Hikvision Going Offline

MikeH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased two 2CD2432F-IWs to test out before I add bullets and domes outside.
I'm having a problem with them going offline-
I've had one I have had to reset via removing power at least once a day. Now this morning, both are offline.

Both are powered by a TP-Link POE injector. (did I hose myself by going cheap here?)
It does seem odd though that both went offline around the same time today... and never came back.

Has anyone had trouble with these staying up?
If there is a power blip, would that cause this at all?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased two 2CD2432F-IWs to test out before I add bullets and domes outside.
I'm having a problem with them going offline-
I've had one I have had to reset via removing power at least once a day. Now this morning, both are offline.

Both are powered by a TP-Link POE injector. (did I hose myself by going cheap here?)
It does seem odd though that both went offline around the same time today... and never came back.

Has anyone had trouble with these staying up?
If there is a power blip, would that cause this at all?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
what model tp link injector are you using?
What type of cable are you using and how long is the run?
Is this self made cable?

MikeH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thanks for responding.

TL-POE150S
Using network cable supplied with injector, so only maybe 5 feet.

It's almost like they're just locking up. Have to pull the power to get it working again.
I had to power cycle one of them last night around 8:45pm and both went dead around 8:45am this morning. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though.

I also believe they're both on 5.2.5.

Side note: using injector only for power, utilizing cam feed via wifi.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No enough power? What time does your IR turn off/on?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

MikeH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi epcjay- I have the IR disabled on both. Will try running one off a long network cable to see if that changes things (poe switch in the basement).

If Hikvision is relatively reliable usually, then I'm starting to think it is the POE injectors.

MikeH

n3wb
Reaction score
For the one that's upstairs, I could possibly see that, but the one downstairs, it's about 20' away from the AP and is pretty much line-of-sight.
Also weird that they both went offline around the same time this morning.

Is there a log on the camera itself I can check?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep wifi, I had the same issues, ended up wiring it in the end, no more drop outs.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Leave one on wifi and the other thru cat5 and see if the problem still persists on both. If wifi is the issue, maybe lowering the frame/bit rate might help, or if you happen to have a router with QOS settings available, try to prioritize the RSTP traffic or IPs.

MikeH

n3wb
Reaction score
Haven't gotten to try wired yet, but is it safe to say that Hikvisions are generally pretty reliable?
I'm just hesitant to mount one outside say, under an eve that makes it hard to get to if I need to reset it.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wired would be the way to go.

If you have to terminate the cables youself make sure you use the right connectors and follow either the A OR B standard for both sides and use a decent crimper. Or just buy premade cables. However, not the cheapest cables you can find.

Genereally IMO they've been reliable as long as they're setup correctly. Some people have their system running for months. Those with NVRs do seem to reboot the NVR once in a while to blow off and issues that may have presented itself. Using low quality cables, injectors and poor cable will give you problems.