HikVision HikConnect on iVMS 4200

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Do you know if there is a way to stop iVMS 4200 from requesting HikConnect account re-login after a few days?
It is frustrating for the end user to have to input the login credentials again and again, sometimes even device serial number and verification code are required.
HikConnect app on mobile devices doesn't require that.
Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Hikconnect is a great tool for remote viewing without having to mess with port forwarding and DynDNS. It runs perfectly in mobile devices, but it needs re-login credentials, as I descibed above, when running on PC.
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to eliminate that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikconnect is a great tool for remote viewing without having to mess with port forwarding and DynDNS. It runs perfectly in mobile devices, but it needs re-login credentials, as I descibed above, when running on PC.
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to eliminate that.
Its a terrible tool. You cannot trust hik to keep those connections secure.
Hikvision flaw could be remotely exploited to hijack cameras, DVRs
and more recently with XIONGMAI
MILLIONS OF XIONGMAI VIDEO SURVEILLANCE DEVICES CAN BE HACKED VIA CLOUD FEATURE (XMEYE P2P CLOUD)

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Keep sticking your head in the sand... amazing.
Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the relationship of Xiongmai to Hikvision? I scanned the sec-consult.com article above and it was not clear. Also does "XMEye P2P Cloud” equate to Hik-Connect?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the relationship of Xiongmai to Hikvision? I scanned the sec-consult.com article above and it was not clear. Also does "XMEye P2P Cloud” equate to Hik-Connect?
There is no relationship.... I posted a link to Hikvision vulnerability of their P2P system, and I also posted a link to the latest P2P exploit from another company.... The point is that these manufacturers cannot keep these devices secure regardless of brand.