Hikvision IE Plugin Not Working with IE 11.165.17134.0

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm running Windows 10 (x64) and for about a month I cannot view Hikvision streaming with IE anymore. Every time I open IE I've being asked to install the plugin. I've tried to add the hostname to Compatibility View Mode but didn't helped, then added to Trusted Sites and again without luck.
The Internet Explorer version I'm running is 11.165.17134.0
Is there a solution? I need to solve this one. Thank you

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed the browser but when trying connecting it says „No plug-in detected”.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you check the Website? It is compromised. The correct one is with .org
I made a typo when I first posted it and fixed it within about a minute of posting it.

You have to install the firefox compatible plugin.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured it out why it doesn't work with Pale Moon in order to work you need to install the x86 version, Hikvision plugin doesn't work with x64. I'm using Firefox and it's x64 too that's why it's not working.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I figured it out why it doesn't work with Pale Moon in order to work you need to install the x86 version, Hikvision plugin doesn't work with x64. I'm using Firefox and it's x64 too that's why it's not working.
This is true of pretty much all plugins. The plugins are typically 32-bit software and only 32-bit browsers will load 32-bit plugins.