HikVision install issue

jackall

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently installed a DS-2CD2T47G1-L HikVison Colorvu

The idea is to use it to do a 24/7 live stream of a ridiculous roundabout here in the twon I live in in S.E Asia

I had browsed this site for troubleshooting prior to install and all went well - I can see it in hikconnect and watch it

However, when I attempt to view in the browser, it says my password is incorrect and does not allow me to reset using email or phone, both of which I already registered with hikconnect.

I never even set this password - according to instructions, I should be getting a prompt to create a password here, not an actual required password.

Had this happened to anybody else here before - any simpler solution than a hard reset and start again?

Thanks in advance

jackall

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I still have this issue. I see, after a bunch of reading, that Hikvision users seem to have many problems of this nature.

I am still trying as this camera and the internet I have paid for is wasted cash otherwise.

I can get to my web interface logon like this:

Screenshot from 2020-12-04 14-52-41.png

But ^ this screen, according to all step-by-step instructions should allow me to setup a password. Yet it requires me to enter one. So I hit "forgot password" and I am greeted with this:

Screenshot from 2020-12-04 14-52-50.png

and this:

Screenshot from 2020-12-04 14-52-22.png

So, no security question answer and no recovery option available. Any suggestion on what I can do next here?

Sorry, I'm completely new to this and trying my best to understand what the issue is.

StefanB

n3wb
Reaction score
I never even set this password - according to instructions, I should be getting a prompt to create a password here, not an actual required password.
At some stage of the installation, you should have been prompted to create a password for the camera. And you would have needed this password (default user admin) to add the camera to HikConnect?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Had this happened to anybody else here before - any simpler solution than a hard reset and start again?
If that model has a hatch on the body for the SD card (under the shield) there will be a reset button. The spec suggests it does.
Keep the button pressed, power on, wait for 30-40 seconds, release the button.
The camera will then be in an 'Inactive' state, required that you create a strong password either using SADP or browser access to the web GUI.

jackall

n3wb
Reaction score
Affirmative, it does have a hatch and reset button.

Also, in my hikconnect app, I have a "change camera password" option which prompts a qr scanner.

I will try to change password via hikconnect first, and if that fails I will try reset.

Thanks for replies

jackall

n3wb
Reaction score
If that model has a hatch on the body for the SD card (under the shield) there will be a reset button. The spec suggests it does.
The camera will then be in an 'Inactive' state, required that you create a strong password either using SADP or browser access to the web GUI.

Great success!

StefanB

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to reset passwords via SADP even for cameras with a reset button?
*Asking for a friend that is too lazy to get up on the roof.