Hikvision IP camera external monitor issue

Pinkman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! Im new here.

We today installed a Hikvision IP camera (DS-2CD2142FWD-I) feeding video to a Hikvision DVR. Im impressed of the quality difference from the previous analogue camera. On the TV upstairs, connected to the HDMI of the DVR, its fills the screen like all the other analogue cameras, without it looking compressed or off. Its also currently at 1080P

Theres just one issue, we have an external monitor downstairs being fed by the CVBS/analogue output from the DVR. With the old analogue cameras, it worked great with no issues. However with the new camera, the aspect ratio is off. and its not the display itself, as ive messed with the settings in it and as you can see in the picture attached, one of the menus go into the part where the camera isn't:20180609_165347.jpg
At first i thought that the camera and ratio was just the way it was, as that what a lot of other sources online said. However, as you can see in this picture below, i have enabled zero-channel encoding (i think thats what its called) and if you compare it to the picture next to it, youll see the one on the right with the Zero-channel has the borders, exactly the same as the borders on the monitor, where the other doesnt. And yes, ive tried enabling and disabling the channel with no effect :(20180609_202400.jpg
Ive also noticed on the small monitor that the record and event icon, which are usually square, are squished.

All id like is to get the screen filled on the external monitor.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated as my mum is unhappy about how it doesn't fill the screen lol.

Regards
Jack

Pinkman

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: its the same on the TV with the HDMI now. not to sure if it was like that before though. still need it fixing any help would be appreciated